forum

Risk of Rain

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Jinxy
http://store.steampowered.com/app/248820 $10 USD.

Steam Description wrote:

Risk of Rain is an action platformer with roguelike elements. With permanent death as a primary feature, players will have to play their best to get as far as possible. Fight on a mysterious planet with randomly spawning enemies and bosses, either alone or with 3 friends in online co-op. With over 100 items at your disposal, you will find the tools you need to find the teleporter back home. Discover a myriad of randomly chosen stages, from the desolate forest to the frozen tundra.
Bought it on Steam and played it quite a lot already. Each stage has different environments which are randomly chosen, and have 2-3 different layouts per environment as far as I've seen. Loot, teleporters, and bosses are also randomly chosen each playthrough. I've only unlocked 4 characters, and all of them function very differently, so each character also provides a really unique playthough. It also gets harder over time, but the best strategy is to take your time and get all the powerups instead of trying to blitz, in my experience.

Has anyone else bought and played it? What do you think of the game? Could you beat it? (My best run died at the final stage...)
Blue Stig
Played the demo.
Bracing for Steam holiday sale.
Xgor
Love it. Have 8 of the characters and beaten it twice so far (Once with huntress and once with arcid)
Uni
Good game, spend over 50 hours already in the first week, if anyone is able to host multiplayer, count me in
Topic Starter
Jinxy
Beat the game for the first time as Huntress. I got lucky with healing items, 3 Mysterious Vial, 3 Leeching Seeds, 2 Infusions. Also went in with 6 droids, and 4 from Back-up active item.

Droids are borderline useless if you only have like 1 or 2 and the map doesn't spawn more imo, they die too often. With more at once though, they are pretty awesome.
Soulclenz
I really wish the classes were a bit more balanced for solo play. Call me crazy but Huntress is just too strong imo, I struggled to get through to stage 3 with commando or master hunter, but as soon as i unlocked Huntress is casually strolled through and beat the game.

Game is super fun but some classes are just meh.
Topic Starter
Jinxy
Reached final stage as Acrid, but died. Holy crap Caustic Sludge + Worms = Lagfest.

I was really close to beating the final boss, but I got done in by Providence's knock-up move + his Shadow's crosshair move. Did over 1k and left me with 50hp.

I find it hilarious that the Crudely Drawn Buddy actually works on him. He still attacks me, but there's a question mark over his head and he moves to the decoy when he isn't teleport spamming.