posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
novakk
Osu crashes my pc forcing it to auto restart on newest stable version
reinstalling temporairly resolves problem but i cant obviously keep doing that
pls help im gonna be washed af
sagamata
have you tried reinstalling your whole computer? and deleting all the files so the pc is smoother.

or you free space from your disk where windows is installed.
Topic Starter
novakk

itzgustavs wrote:

have you tried reinstalling your whole computer? and deleting all the files so the pc is smoother.

or you free space from your disk where windows is installed.
did that a couple of times but i really dont want to delete all my shit again just to be able to launch osu for like a day

also i deranked 300 ranks because of this im mad
Death
What graphics card and driver version are you using? Had a few people report that some driver update started causing similar behavior and updating to the latest driver version fixed it.
Topic Starter
novakk
i am in fact stupid and just now found repair osu.exe that resolved the issue (hopefully pernamently)

nvm it still crashes i have a rx6700xt and newest drivers
a1l2d3r4e5d6
What other specs does your PC have?
Have you tried running the game in isolation, without anything else running in the background?
Have you updated other device drivers in your system? (chipset/usb/input devices/etc.)
I had bad experience with radeon cards crashing out until I updated the drivers of another piece of hardware in my system.

edit: If you know how to, you can look in windows event viewer and see what information it logged at the time of each crash.
edit 2: wiki/en/Help_centre#event-viewer
Topic Starter
novakk

a1l2d3r4e5d6 wrote:

What other specs does your PC have?
Have you tried running the game in isolation, without anything else running in the background?
Have you updated other device drivers in your system? (chipset/usb/input devices/etc.)
I had bad experience with radeon cards crashing out until I updated the drivers of another piece of hardware in my system.

edit: If you know how to, you can look in windows event viewer and see what information it logged at the time of each crash.
edit 2: wiki/en/Help_centre#event-viewer
-i5 12 gen
-asus rog z690 with the new socket
-16ram

idk what more i can provide

its a aplication error

not sure what this means

will try hopefully its some program messing things up
Death
The errors you are getting indicate this is an issue with your graphics card driver. If you are already using the latest driver version, it might be worthwhile to try reinstalling it or even rolling back a version if that doesn't work.
Topic Starter
novakk

Death wrote:

The errors you are getting indicate this is an issue with your graphics card driver. If you are already using the latest driver version, it might be worthwhile to try reinstalling it or even rolling back a version if that doesn't work.
reinstalled it like a week ago. not sure if reinstalling it again makes any sense

[edit]: i got osu to launch after killing almost all processes in task manager. not sure which one causes errors but i guess i can uninstall some of them anyway
Death

Death wrote:

...or even rolling back a version if that doesn't work.
Everything you are describing indicates either completely broken drivers or a failing graphics card.

Also, in regards to this:

adim2222 wrote:

I have seen things like Discord's in-game overlay cause issues similar to this as well. However, the root cause is always some driver level issue yet again.
Topic Starter
novakk

Death wrote:

Death wrote:

...or even rolling back a version if that doesn't work.
Everything you are describing indicates either completely broken drivers or a failing graphics card.

Also, in regards to this:

adim2222 wrote:

I have seen things like Discord's in-game overlay cause issues similar to this as well. However, the root cause is always some driver level issue yet again.
i killed some processes and got osu to run now trying to find which program causes it to crash,
also the graphics card is not even a year old

[edit] i gave up and reset windows

[edit2] WHAT IN THE ACTUAL FUCK IT STILL CRASHES (it didin't crash before downloading new drivers tho)
a1l2d3r4e5d6
Does it crash in other applications that extensively use the GPU?
How does it crash? I know you said it crashes your PC and auto-restarts, but does it do a full shut down before turning back on?

It could be just an unlucky GPU or it could be power delivery issues, but I doubt it for such a lightweight game. You can always try to set limits that puts less stress on the GPU as a test like setting an fps limit or temporarily setting your display refresh rate to 60Hz if not already.
If you're comfortable doing so, you can also temporarily limit the power the GPU draws by lowering its power limit or downclocking/setting it's clock speed to the reference.

I'm not certain if it's still an issue today, but I've seen earlier this year Windows Update completely overriding whatever Radeon drivers you installed regardless if it was up to date or not, which caused intermittent system crashes. Check Driver Updates in Windows' update history and see if there's an AMD dispaly driver automatically installing itself.
Topic Starter
novakk
guys i got the solution

the newest optional instalation for radeon drivers screws something up
no idea why
no idea how
but if anybody has the same issue on radeon drivers just rollback a version and it should work fine.
ManniMui
thanks
SonThanhVN

adim2222 wrote:

guys i got the solution

the newest optional instalation for radeon drivers screws something up
no idea why
no idea how
but if anybody has the same issue on radeon drivers just rollback a version and it should work fine.
so what version of driver you are currently using ?
Citrica
What driver version did you use? I'm currently unable to start osu! on a 6700. Any other game works fine.

BTW, it's not a GPU issue. I have two different RX GPUs with the same issue (5700XT and 6700)
Saint-VXI
For anyone else that has this issue too going forward, download osu! lazer, 0 issues so far on 6700XT and latest drivers
LeeeeeM

Saint-VXI wrote:

For anyone else that has this issue too going forward, download osu! lazer, 0 issues so far on 6700XT and latest drivers

But no pp
real_bonfire
I'm having the same issue with 6700xt, use to be just fine but my assumption is the radeon software / new driver version.
- Marco -
Please make a new topic for your issue. If you're sure it's the GPU drivers try uninstalling them using DDU and then reinstalling them