forum

What is the right offset for mania?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
PinguimDeRitimo
I have heared that osu! has a delay on audio on windows 10, but from what I'm seeing looks like only mania offset needs to be different from the other gamemodes, (bad for me since I play all except standart). I have changed my offset multiple times at this point for mania, I was using -45 at the start, then changed to -50 and some days ago I changed again to -70 and was the best until now.
Would make the question right now if I wasn't having even more problems with it, because I changed to 0 because I feel was worse in taiko with -70, so I changed to 0 and was much better, so I also tested on mania and was almost the same thing as -70 and I can't understand why (I tested on a easy map and only had 3 MAX difference on the 0ms from the -70ms). I can't understand what happened, so I decided to ask here what is the right offset if there's one. Also my computer is not that good, sometimes I see some lags but the fps seems ok. (Also all gamemodes needs a specific offset or is really only mania that haves some delay or something?)
Stomiks
There's no specific offset for each gamemode. You have to find you own computer's offset for the audio delay. If that won't work then set the offset for each map you play.
Topic Starter
PinguimDeRitimo
Changing offset for every single map would be kinda boring, since its already boring to have to change offset for each gamemode that I play. Thanks for the answer.
midgy
-40ms if you do not use hitsounds

vid with timestamp to show proof https://youtu.be/JWj98KJVuAQ?t=133

also this is for every gamemode just std players use hitsounds to compensate for it