forum

how to improve in hitsound

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
flan_
I've trying hitsounds in my map but i don't think i'm doing right, and also really don't understand tutorials on youtube, what should I do for the rhythm? like, how it is supposed to follow the rhythm of the song?
also, sorry for bad english
[[[[[[
can you send some example of your hitsounding? it's gonna be easier to tell which part of your skill you can improve
hakashii
read lasse profile me section xd
Topic Starter
flan_

dPeace wrote:

can you send some example of your hitsounding? it's gonna be easier to tell which part of your skill you can improve
beatmapsets/1740983#osu/3559103
I have done the hitsounds only in one part on the last difficulty, they end at the bookmark.
[[[[[[
first of all you seems to use a custom hitnormal from a skin, DON'T DO IT as it WILL overpower every additional hitsound that you may use

also you use pretty much no additive hs? hitsounding is way more than just dropping some custom samples in the map's folder and call it a day, you're required to use those additional hitsound to complement the song if you wanna call your map "hitsounded", people even consider hitsounding to be a part of mapping!

since it seems like you are very new to the mapping scene, my best advise is to simply experiment! mess around with the default hitsound samples, see which one work best for what situation, maybe experiment with custom hitsound too if you're feeling fancy. if you still have trouble, just look at ranked maps! maybe turn off the music for a bit and listen to the hitsound only, see which custom hitsound they use (if there's custom hitsounds at all!) and maybe figure out the techniques the hitsounder use to place the samplesets at which places.

btw find a hitsound copier, it's gonna save you lots of time, the one i use is in olibomby's "mapping tools"

also here's some useful wiki pages: wiki/en/Beatmapping/Hitsound https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/en/Guides/Using_custom_hitsounds
hakashii
in short, observe rank maps pls and test all buttons, rename files more than ever after getting samples, read wiki page, use mapping tools if u want to put it on all diffs

learn music like,
wtf is a kick and snare xd
omg cymbals are so special
and more...