forum

I played undertale

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Karmine
It's disappointing.

I expected it to be much longer than that and have more things to do in it.
There are some good ideas but the execution ranges from decent to terrible.
I knew it wouldn't be as good as Yume Nikki but it's clearly overhyped.

Has anyone had the same experience with this game?
Stomiks
Did you play the rest of the endings? There're 3 in total but once you do the neutral route, the pacifist routeis pretty much the same except the ending.

I did have fun beating the fuck out of sans in genocide route after the dozens of attempts I went at him.
Topic Starter
Karmine

Stomiks wrote:

Did you play the rest of the endings? There're 3 in total but once you do the neutral route, the pacifist routeis pretty much the same except the ending.

I did have fun beating the fuck out of sans in genocide route after the dozens of attempts I went at him.
I've done neutral and started doing pacifist. I'll probably do genocide too at some point if I'm bored.
Stomiks

Karmine wrote:

Stomiks wrote:

I've done neutral and started doing pacifist. I'll probably do genocide too at some point if I'm bored.
imo the real fun starts in genocide mode since there're gonna be some difficult fights. A problem is that it's gonna be a bit grindy to get to though.
Aireunaeus
I never could afford undertale soooooo i can't relate.
Stomiks

Aireunaeus wrote:

At least deltarune is free
Topic Starter
Karmine

Aireunaeus wrote:

I didn't buy it, someone gave it to me :)
Neigdoig
Undertale has a DRM that doesn't allow you to delete a save file. Toby didn't need to implement one anyway. Plus, the game is indie developed, so there isn't a need for DRM (Digital Restrictions Management, which never works).
Stomiks

Neigdoig wrote:

Undertale has a DRM that doesn't allow you to delete a save file. Toby didn't need to implement one anyway. Plus, the game is indie developed, so there isn't a need for DRM (Digital Restrictions Management, which never works).
Maybe he has one for a story-related purpose?
synthwavesquid
yeahhh deltarune massively improves on the places where undertale was a lot weaker. it has far more time to properly explore its themes as well

i can't help but hold undertale dear to me, though. i hate to admit it, but it affected me on a fundamental level. like, a life-redirecting kind of level. i don't know what kind of person i'd be if i never came across it :V

i was a dumb little easily influenced kid back then, you can't blame me

>>

Stomiks wrote:

Neigdoig wrote:

Maybe he has one for a story-related purpose?
your save file's used a lot for fourth-wall breaking purposes. e.g. the genocide route's ending differs slightly if you played a pacifist route or another genocide route beforehand (to completion, just to be clear)

that probably has something to do with it