forum

how does a 4:30 single diff map get ranked?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kanteer
i've seen some maps shorter than 5 minutes get ranked with only one diff, and i'm kinda confused
YuniquaK
It can be rank if the diff is insane or lower (Drain time between 4:15 - 5:00 for single insane diff)
Zelzatter Zero
if the difficulty matches the lowest required for a respective drain time, then yes you can rank the set with only that diff.
Kaaruumii
maybe the map is just that good to be ranked without fitting certain criteria
lewski

MFGSTC wrote:

this does not happen

also here's the full rule the other replies are based on:

Ranking Criteria wrote:

If the drain time of each difficulty is...
  1. ...lower than 3:30, the lowest difficulty of each included game mode cannot be harder than a Normal.
  2. ...between 3:30 and 4:15, the lowest difficulty of each included game mode cannot be harder than a Hard.
  3. ...between 4:15 and 5:00, the lowest difficulty of each included game mode cannot be harder than an Insane.
abraker

MFGSTC wrote:

The BN would be nuked out of the BN group if that happened
[[[[[[

MFGSTC wrote:

wish sth like this could happen
sleepground123

abraker wrote:

MFGSTC wrote:

The BN would be nuked out of the BN group if that happened
Not only nuked out, but also banned (account restricted) for abusing the power.
lewski
no lmfao get real

you dont get restricted for nominating one clearly unrankable set, at most you'd get kicked from the BNG and even that isn't guaranteed depending on the circumstances

with just one map you can't prove any kind of power abuse or even malicious intent in general if the person says it was a mistake,

plus there's just no world in which the map would reach ranked without a spread anyway, cause even getting it qualified would require another self-destructive BN, and not getting DQ'd would require the entire BNG and NAT as well as peppy/Eph to close their eyes and let it happen
Vararaup
If I nommed a insufficient spread I would likely just get probationed
Leviathan

MFGSTC wrote:

i wish
Indomi-chan
beatmapsets/1234921 this map is 4:15 and it's ranked
Ryu Sei
According to RC, there is no restriction on how many difficulties needed. So long as the 'easiest' or the 'single' difficulty fits the thereshold of the RC, you can rank it.