forum

How to get better accuracy when hitting sliders?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
tophatfella
What's written in the title. I'm currently a player at about 3.5-4 star (yay! took a while to get here) and I play 4k mania maps. I've been working on improving my accuracy and sure it's getting better, but it TANKS the moment a lot of sliders come into play. I rarely get 300 and Perfect with them and mostly get stuck on 100 and 200s. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I'd love to improve on it!

If anyone has any tips on how to get better at accurately hitting it and/or beatmaps that I can play to improve on it, I'd appreciate it!
Warpzoned
some of the things that helped me get through the wall that was long notes (what sliders are called in mania), was increasing my scroll speed bit by bit so I know better when to release, and really just playing maps with a fair amount of them, just like how you get better and better in skillsets the more you play them, there's really no special tricks involved in dealing with long notes except experience, thats what I think. although I do recommend you increase your scroll speed either way as later on maps become much more dense. hope this somewhat helps and have fun.
Topic Starter
tophatfella

Warpzoned wrote:

some of the things that helped me get through the wall that was long notes (what sliders are called in mania), was increasing my scroll speed bit by bit so I know better when to release, and really just playing maps with a fair amount of them, just like how you get better and better in skillsets the more you play them, there's really no special tricks involved in dealing with long notes except experience, thats what I think. although I do recommend you increase your scroll speed either way as later on maps become much more dense. hope this somewhat helps and have fun.
This is going to be really embarrassing to admit, but it didn't cross my mind now that the time that you let go of the slider mattered. I assumed that the only thing that mattered was actually being able to hit and hold it until the end and I didn't need to worry about timing letting it go. I haven't played osu regularly until I made my account in March (and even then, work calls so I can't play much often) so a lot of it is still lost on me.

I tested the timing of letting go on an easier beatmap, and my accuracy immediately improved by 3% and I only needed 2% to get it to A instead of B. Thank you so much for writing that out because it would have taken me a very long time to realize that. I have already been upping my scroll speed for various maps! You're right in that it gets less dense and less overwhelming to hit the notes plus I do a lot better on faster speeds.
Warpzoned

tophatfella wrote:

This is going to be really embarrassing to admit, but it didn't cross my mind now that the time that you let go of the slider mattered. I assumed that the only thing that mattered was actually being able to hit and hold it until the end and I didn't need to worry about timing letting it go. I haven't played osu regularly until I made my account in March (and even then, work calls so I can't play much often) so a lot of it is still lost on me.

I tested the timing of letting go on an easier beatmap, and my accuracy immediately improved by 3% and I only needed 2% to get it to A instead of B. Thank you so much for writing that out because it would have taken me a very long time to realize that. I have already been upping my scroll speed for various maps! You're right in that it gets less dense and less overwhelming to hit the notes plus I do a lot better on faster speeds.
dont worry, there were a lot of things I also didn't know when I first started playing, and congrats! glad I was able to be of help as well, hope you enjoy what mania has to offer.
Topic Starter
tophatfella

Warpzoned wrote:

[quote="tophatfella"]
dont worry, there were a lot of things I also didn't know when I first started playing, and congrats! glad I was able to be of help as well, hope you enjoy what mania has to offer.
thank you <3!
reinosk
Set the BPM speed and play with your feelings.
Hoshimegu Mio
Play with SV2.