forum

My osu won't open

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
sansrsrs
Problem details: everytime i try opening osu it closes instantly, the game won't even show up. i tried looking in the task manager and when i open osu it pops up there and vanishes instantly. what do i do?

osu! version: Stable 20221011.3 (latest)
- NotMe -
If this hasn't been happening for a long time you can simply keep insisting on starting the game, it might open at some point. Can't help you anymore sorry.
Blushing
You should check to make sure that the game is not crashing. Use the link below to locate the crash log, if there is one.

If there is one then you should copy and paste the contents into this thread here.

Use the link below to locate and copy and paste it into the thread here.

wiki/en/Help_Centre#event-viewer
- Marco -
Also, please do not suggest to reinstall osu!, it never solves anything.
- NotMe -

- Marco - wrote:

Also, please do not suggest to reinstall osu!, it never solves anything.
It solved for me... It all depends on what type of error you're having
Topic Starter
sansrsrs

Blushing wrote:

You should check to make sure that the game is not crashing. Use the link below to locate the crash log, if there is one.

If there is one then you should copy and paste the contents into this thread here.

Use the link below to locate and copy and paste it into the thread here.

wiki/en/Help_Centre#event-viewer
- System

- Provider

[ Name] Application Hang

osu!.exe
6e4
01d8d07c4e73d857
F:\osu!\osu!.exe
78dfddb7-3c82-11ed-af40-38607754c239
55006E006B006E006F0077006E0000000000
this?
Domco

sansrsrs wrote:

Problem details: everytime i try opening osu it closes instantly, the game won't even show up. i tried looking in the task manager and when i open osu it pops up there and vanishes instantly. what do i do?

osu! version: Stable 20221011.3 (latest)
We pushed an update that hopefully fixes this issue. If your game won't update automatically on startup, then download installer from: home/download and run it. After the installer runs the game should open. Let me know if it worked.
Ng sain
cada vez que intento abrir osu aparece el circulo de inicio en pantalla y luego desaparece , lo he desinstalado y sigue lo mismo, también he reiniciado la pc y nada , me sucedio despues que osu pidio una actualización.

every time I try to open osu the start circle appears on the screen and then it disappears, I have uninstalled it and it is still the same, I have also restarted the pc and nothing, it happened to me after osu asked for an update.
peppy
A fix has been pushed out to hopefully fix the issue.

Please DO NOT uninstall the game.
Please DO NOT set compatibility mode.
Please DO NOT edit your configuration file (restore any changes you made that may have been suggested above).
Please DO NOT use administrator to change anything.
Please DO NOT run the game as administrator.

Either let the game update itself after failing to start, or if that doesn't happen, download the installer and run it, WITHOUT UNINSTALLING.

(if your post in this thread was deleted, it was because workaround advice was given that is not a good direction for others to follow)
Ng sain
it was fixed,thanks.
peppy

Ng sain wrote:

Download and run the installer but still not working
Apparently it’s broken beyond that. Please show hidden files, delete osu!auth.dll and try again.
Topic Starter
sansrsrs

peppy wrote:

Ng sain wrote:

Apparently it’s broken beyond that. Please show hidden files, delete osu!auth.dll and try again.
I got this error again, I deleted that .dll and it didn't solve it. I already tried to update and it didn't work either.
Blushing

sansrsrs wrote:

peppy wrote:

Ng sain wrote:

I got this error again, I deleted that .dll and it didn't solve it. I already tried to update and it didn't work either.
Please make a new thread instead of bumping old threads (even if it is yours) as it may not be the same error from the first time, and this can be confusing to have multiple one on it. If you are still experiencing this issue and ARE 100% the issue is the same then can you please explain a little more on what happened from it working to it not working?