forum

Need some insight

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
iShanoa
I am having a hard time reading/tapping medium-very long notes with a bit of jacks and singles. Is this normal? I've been playing the same map for about a month now and I can't seem to improve.

Though I got no problem reading and tapping denser Short LN's with jacks and singles. Must be my brain. 😂😂😂
Gamesnake7

iShanoa wrote:

I've been playing the same map for about a month now and I can't seem to improve.
Sounds like your problem is caused by this

7K has a lot more patterns to learn than 4K, I'd suggest just stay away from it for a while and play other maps

Good luck!
midgy
it's quite normal to struggle with more complex ln i think, it's a higher skill floor than rice since it's harder to read, would say to just play more ln stuff from charters like PiraTom, Skochan, Myzki or shuniki
there's more but that's what came to my mind rn basically the people who pioneered 4k ln and have some of the wackier patterning which is much better for practice imo but stupid for acc
Topic Starter
iShanoa
Thanks guys! I guess its time to expand my library. Having lots of beatmaps actually helps. It did solve my issue.
togmea

iShanoa wrote:

I am having a hard time reading/tapping medium-very long notes with a bit of jacks and singles. Is this normal? I've been playing the same map for about a month now and I can't seem to improve.

Though I got no problem reading and tapping denser Short LN's with jacks and singles. Must be my brain. 😂😂😂
Jacks with a short LN between them aren't that much harder than those without besides messing with your reading a bit, this is because you lifting for the next note already coincides with the LN release so you basically do everything in one single motion.

Longer LNs usually referred to as shields/inverse shields are harder because you actually have to treat them as LNs (consciously holding the note) and when combined with jacks demand very good finger control since you have to perform a jack but to also then end a jacking motion without lifting again.
Topic Starter
iShanoa
Yep togmea! I am trying lots of maps now so I can practice different patterns with LNs and slowly make my way with finger control. Thanks for explaining this!