forum

More of an visual Lol type feature but... [Denied]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
RogueHiyru
with maps like Strange program starting to emerge, why not add for those truly nightmare~ish songs add a level past five stars called "NIGHTMARE" or "END OF WORLD" level? i figure it would stir some lol fear and make it seem like a Boss-Ish song. it's kind of like how DDR makes those extra stage song titles all bold and red.

Silly i know, had to get it off my chest at least
anonymous_old
Meh, no.

Maybe make the five stars (flames in the OTO2 skin) on fire (blue flames in OTO2) (obviously skinnable) for "more than hard" maps?
Topic Starter
RogueHiyru

strager wrote:

Meh, no.

Maybe make the five stars (flames in the OTO2 skin) on fire (blue flames in OTO2) (obviously skinnable) for "more than hard" maps?
hmmm thats not bad either :3
Kitsunemimi
IMO, we should redo the star difficulty system. Modern easy maps aren't even <2 stars, and it becomes hard to truly map easy maps. We wouldn't need extra stars then, right?
anonymous_old

Harris73 wrote:

Modern easy maps aren't even <2 stars
Because "modern easy maps" aren't "easy" anymore. I think the difficulty discussion shows this. Perhaps, if you want to support that route (of changing the star system), discuss in that thread.
Gabi
doesn't the fact that those maps are approved prove that they are hard already?
Topic Starter
RogueHiyru

Gabi wrote:

it does, but like i said, it's more of a "Lol visual", just kind of a really small tweek to make the game just a smidge more awesome/cool looking. that and to kind of show that "hey, this mapper is insane/thought outside the box"
Ekaru
You're forgetting that there are some stupid Ranked maps out there, too. I think it would be better to add something if a map exceeds 5.00 stars, but that's just me. I mean, a 4.77 shouldn't be compared with something beyond 5.00 that is crazy and kills my fingers/wrist. I wanna tell the difference easily. XP

P.S. I made a modern Easy map below 2 stars rather easily... and a 2 star easy before that. Just that most people fail when they attempt to make an Easy. I also saw a half star Easy recently.
Gemi
What I'd like to see is the stars changed into skulls when the map is a really really really hard 5 star map, ie. instead of the 5 stars show 5 skulls. Glowing red. ;)
Takuma
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Torran
+1 support
anonymous_old

Gemi wrote:

What I'd like to see is the stars changed into skulls when the map is a really really really hard 5 star map, ie. instead of the 5 stars show 5 skulls. Glowing red. ;)
Basically what I said: skinning support for "above-5-star" maps.

Gabi wrote:

"Approved" doesn't mean "hard" at all.
Jinxy

Strager wrote:

Gabi wrote:

"Approved" doesn't mean "hard" at all.
Agreed.
Echo
No need to encourage hard maps imo
Ryuukun
I don't see anything wrong with out current system
Kanbei
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Derekku
I believe multiple people have said that the star system needs to be reworked anyway, so I don't see any use to this if that's the case. :/