forum

Where can I look for people that take requests for guest difficulties?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
sidney777
Not a huge fan of mapping the same song multiple times, definitely not a fan of mapping normal/hard difficulties, and I am trying to look around for people taking guest difficulty requests, but I don't really know any good places for me to look – I've just been searching for people by checking their profiles.

Is there any way for me to look for difficulties more efficiently, if so, how?
i am very gay
there is the beatmap projects subforum and you can ask on discord servers but usually if you want something its better to just ask people directly, and especially people you know
Topic Starter
sidney777

i am very gay wrote:

there is the beatmap projects subforum and you can ask on discord servers but usually if you want something its better to just ask people directly, and especially people you know
Yea i do that but:
A. I don't use many servers
B. none of my mapper friends/mutuals map normal diffs

Are there any discord servers that I might want to join in specific?
Stomiks

kim wexler feet wrote:

i am very gay wrote:

Yea i do that but:
A. I don't use many servers
B. none of my mapper friends/mutuals map normal diffs

Are there any discord servers that I might want to join in specific?
I doubt that there're discord servers just for guest difficulties. You could try asking on osu!-oriented discord servers but making a post on beatmap projects give you the most success in find people willing to make a guest difficulty for you.
lewski

Stomiks wrote:

I doubt that there're discord servers just for guest difficulties.
here's one

granted, I have no idea how active it is nowadays, but it does exist
Asphiee
1. beatmap projects
2. #mapping channel
3. Discord server
4. DMs

I usually go for DMs and just straight up ask them if they’re still accepting GD reqs. If no, proceed to other mappers, if yes, give them the details of your req
Livermorium
probably not beatmap projects if you want aceeptable gd. Just find your favorite mappers and ask them if they make gds thats prpbably the easiest way of getting decent gd
Asphiee

Livermorium wrote:

probably not beatmap projects if you want aceeptable gd. Just find your favorite mappers and ask them if they make gds thats prpbably the easiest way of getting decent gd
Agree. But use BP to accumulate as much experience in GD’ing others’ sets and making connection that will be useful in later time. I think almost all of my batch in BP has already ranked a map or two.
Topic Starter
sidney777

Asphiee wrote:

Livermorium wrote:

Agree. But use BP to accumulate as much experience in GD’ing others’ sets and making connection that will be useful in later time. I think almost all of my batch in BP has already ranked a map or two.
i get what you mean i'm pretty sure but what is BP?

oh also i got what i needed so thanks everyone for the advice
Stomiks

kim wexler feet wrote:

Asphiee wrote:

Livermorium wrote:

i get what you mean i'm pretty sure but what is BP?
Pretty sure they're referring to the Beatmap Projects Forum.