forum

PP algorithm 2

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Jafem
When is PP algorithm 2 comin out and what will be new?
I mean right Now PP is Pointless Points
GoldenWolf

Peekii wrote:

Now PP is Pointless Points
can't help but laugh

What's new: On the actual version of ppv2 farming is even easier. It seems to be more accuracy based too
When it'll be out: Ask peppy, aka "when it'll be out"
deadbeat
ppv2 is here already :/
it's just not the primary ranking system yet due to god knows how many issues.
Topic Starter
Jafem
ah okay so the Pointless Points became even more pointless....
well thats not good
GoldenWolf
Take a look yourself https://osu.ppy.sh/p/ppv2
Keep in mind this isn't the final version yet, so let's just hope great changes will be made (and pls peppy don't make it farmable ;_;)
Rio-

GoldenWolf wrote:

and pls peppy don't make it farmable ;_;
Agreed... Kinda sad for some skilled players getting beaten by some PP farmers just because They aren't farming PP enough...
Marqueur
OsuTP should become an official ranking system.
Or maybe a new system based on osutp.
Heinzen

Marqueur wrote:

If ppv2 is based on accuracy and the top#50 is actually having Normal/Hard SS farmers like the bunch there right now, then osu!tp will serve it's purpose and be a more proper system
Soulg

Marqueur wrote:

jesse1412
It's been so long now that we don't even get "when osz2 comes out" jokes anymore. I hope one day peppy suddenly releases EVERYTHING at once. Oh what a glorious day.
TakuMii

Soulg wrote:

Marqueur wrote:

peppy said a couple days ago that he never hated Tom and that people are just putting words in his mouth. (I forgot to get a screenshot, the database broke and the forum rolled back a few hours after he posted it).

In fact, he's looking into replacing the current eyupStar rating system with a TomStar rating system (although he's stated that this is unrelated to ppv2).
Weed
Peppy hasn't come out with it yet because a lot more has come up. He even said owc is his top priority atm.
Soulg
@YayMii: I know, that was in my thread lol

I just wanted to link it.
sCam

GoldenWolf wrote:

Keep in mind this isn't the final version yet, so let's just hope great changes will be made (and pls peppy don't make it farmable ;_;)
I get -2 ;-;
Novixion

sCam wrote:

GoldenWolf wrote:

I get -2 ;-;
I don't even exist apparently even though I've followed all the procedures to show up there.

Marqueur wrote:

OsuTP is rather good but some maps need rating fixes. It firstly does not include sliders which leads to under-ratings of some hard maps like Lily-Scarlet Rose and Chata-Remind which are about tp level 60-70 whereas Saiya-Remote Control [Insane] is 80ish and (for me personally) easier.

In short, we should peppy a LOT of time to fix pp because its hard to find the balance between accuracy, speed, overall map difficulty, etc. Maybe adjusting the modifier values like a previous thread I can't seem to find anymore. DT:1.26x,HR:1.18, HR>FL+HD, DT>HR+FL+HD, etc.
Almost

Novixion wrote:

OsuTP is rather good but some maps need rating fixes. It firstly does not include sliders which leads to under-ratings of some hard maps like Lily-Scarlet Rose and Chata-Remind which are about tp level 60-70 whereas Saiya-Remote Control [Insane] is 80ish and (for me personally) easier.
Sliders are generally easier than singles. The reason Remote Control is higher than the other 2 is probably because tp doesn't calculate reading difficulty.
Tom94

Almost wrote:

Novixion wrote:

Sliders are generally easier than singles. The reason Remote Control is higher than the other 2 is probably because tp doesn't calculate reading difficulty.
That, and sliders are taken into account. Have to agree that it's not perfect though and I personally have high hopes for ppv2.
pielak213

YayMii wrote:

peppy said a couple days ago that he never hated Tom and that people are just putting words in his mouth.
Peppy never said he hates Tom. Peppy said he will never use anything Tom makes however which means.... Hmmm after searching it a bit I can't seem to find where he said this but I swear he said it once.

ontopic
pp is actually good for ranking lower ranked players
tp is more accurate about higher ranked players no seeing more than toip 50 won't help
ppv2 is still wip and is in for huge changes so don't judge it yet
TakuMii

pielak213 wrote:

pp is actually good for ranking lower ranked players
Depends on how low you're talking about. At a certain point it becomes really inaccurate; for example, some players get pp from Cs and Bs on old easy maps while some other players have no pp because they only get nomod S-ranks on popular Insane maps and don't make it high enough in the rankings. This is a problem that will likely be addressed with ppv2 though.
chox_old

YayMii wrote:

other players have no pp because they only get nomod S-ranks on popular Insane maps and don't make it high enough in the rankings. This is a problem that will likely be addressed with ppv2 though.
this is pretty retarded in current system, unless you use the ultimate farming weapon -hd- you'll score nothing
doubt if anything gonna be better in ppv2, it'll be farm fest anyway
peppy
Please save discussion for when things are finalised. There is so much bullshit in this therad that I will close it for now.