forum

Best way to improve with this condition?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Gamesnake7
I know things like play more, take breaks when your arms hurt, stay healthy, keep a good mindset, etc.

But there's one thing I cannot get away from. I had a history of broken left arm in the kindergarten, (ofc it's better now, but...) whenever I play maps that are somewhat beyond my comfort zone my left arm hurts more than my right one does. I'm looking for tips that can actually help with this condition, and I'll be happy to hear them all.

(Don't tell me to uninstall this game pls 😐)
Stomiks
My left arm hurts more than my right arm when playing too. But I didn't get any arm injuries before I started playing. I think it's more of the way you play rather than your injury in kindergarten.

Try changing the position of your left arm, as mine has a rather worse position than my right causing it to hurt more.

Or don't tense your arms and tap lighter while playing, since your arms should be more tired instead of hurting during difficult plays.
Topic Starter
Gamesnake7
Ah I see, my left arm was lower in position than my right one (with keybinds SD[]), I think you're right on that one, gonna change that
pofnkul
have proper sitting posture. make sure your not tensing. makes sure your forearm, wrist and hand are all angled straight. make sure your hand positioning is even so your not exerrting too much preassure on either arm. makes sure your not playing anything too hard.

also sidenote but im pretty sure lower row keybinds are slightly better for you. may be incorrect and even then the difference is minscule
Topic Starter
Gamesnake7
Now I use XC,. as keybinds and had a great session, ty

I also edited my skin to have thinner arrows btw, I think a good skin also helps
bananahira

Gamesnake7 wrote:

I know things like play more, take breaks when your arms hurt, stay healthy, keep a good mindset, etc.

But there's one thing I cannot get away from. I had a history of broken left arm in the kindergarten, (ofc it's better now, but...) whenever I play maps that are somewhat beyond my comfort zone my left arm hurts more than my right one does. I'm looking for tips that can actually help with this condition, and I'll be happy to hear them all.

(Don't tell me to uninstall this game pls 😐)
first tip: Click Here

second tip: play relaxed, use Alexander's Technique, don't tense up and avoid playing stuff you can't read
Topic Starter
Gamesnake7
Thanks to anyone who responded, I can finally feel that this keybind (XC./) fits the best for me, and I successfully improved more than ever.

Even though my left arm keeps getting tired earlier than my right one I don't think that's an actually bad case, I can still see my skills improve.

Bump btw