forum

Osu! Challengers Tournament -Gatyaa420 Wins-

posted
Total Posts

Would you like to see an osu! Challengers Tournament #2?

Yes
85.71%
No
14.29%
Total votes: 70
Polling ended
show more
Soarezi
Those expert maps make me want to cry
Mythiax

Kyou-kun wrote:

so, from what I can tell, maps are chosen like this:

1. look at owc mod pools, then put the same maps just without the mods, thus making them ridiculously slow and boring and making nobody enjoy playing them
2. look at random maps from before 2009 and 2010 and put a bunch of those in
3. carry over maps from previous pools into future ones
4. make people play 12 fucking songs dominating everyone each time
5. put easier maps in later pools than in previous ones

my suggestion:

1. do everything exactly the opposite
lol 1, 2, 3 and 4 have nothing to do with us. And 5 is a result of letting us choose maps after 1,2,3 and 4. We didn't had clear the players lvl for 3rd round neither we cared about previous pools, cus we'd had to choose Freedom Dive or Mythologia to keep up with the Me168's picking criteria if it were like that.

Soarezi wrote:

Those expert maps make me want to cry
They're just a bit hard to FC but not hard to pass. So if it's a tournament, i think is natural for players to train and try to FC them. Isn't it?
Kaeru
There was a huge ice storm in Toronto and my power went out (it's still out, I'm at my grandma's house right now) so that's why I wasn't able to attend. Is there any chance to get back in the tournament? I can perhaps challenge the two people that auto advanced.
Topic Starter
Me168

Kaeru wrote:

There was a huge ice storm in Toronto and my power went out (it's still out, I'm at my grandma's house right now) so that's why I wasn't able to attend. Is there any chance to get back in the tournament? I can perhaps challenge the two people that auto advanced.
I don't think there is anything to do after the tournament round has ended. I would say to Challenge those who Auto-advanced, but they were actually competing against a different person who dropped out half-way in, so it is kinda an Auto-advanced but not really.

But I am very sorry to hear about the Power Outage and the bad storm. I hope everybody is OK there ^^.
Topic Starter
Me168
The Synchrostar VS. taku room is now open. Match Log Here: http://osu.ppy.sh/mp/3610848

It will be a Best of 3 Match for a Spot in the 3rd Round

Synchrostar Advances to Semi-Finals

R.I.P taku
Synchrostar
RIP taku (for real this time)
Ohrami

Zeroarg wrote:

We didn't had clear the players lvl for 3rd round neither we cared about previous pools, cus we'd had to choose Freedom Dive or Mythologia to keep up with the Me168's picking criteria if it were like that.
maps in both round 2 and round 3 map pools are piss easy but round 3 has absolutely hilariously laughably easy maps my friend, you don't need freedom dive or mythologia's end (though I do think Mythologia's End would be a good choice) to step up the previous map pool. all in all the map choices for this whole tournament suck
uzzi

Kyou-kun wrote:

though I do think Mythologia's End would be a good choicek
inb4 map in the finals
Mythiax
maybe u r 2 good kyou
Azer
Kyou, realize that youre the best player in the tournament and it's not aimed at that skill level until the finals, these maps are fine.
Yauxo

Azer wrote:

...these maps are fine.
Agreed. I mean look at it, not everyone is sub rank 100 in the semis. People play this here for fun (and ofc to advance to the finals) and fighting over a 100k score lead on stupidly streamy or jumpy maps with 3:50 drain time aint what it is about, isit?

I think the mappool is completely fine - as others said; easy to pass but hard to FC.
Ohrami

Yauxo wrote:

fighting over a 100k score lead on stupidly streamy or jumpy maps with 3:50 drain time aint what it is about, isit?
yes, instead it's fighting over a 5k score lead on a stupidly slow and boring map with 3:50 drain time
Topic Starter
Me168
So after dealing with Christmas, I have just put up everybodys Rooms for Round 3.
Mara

Me168 wrote:

Room 2: December 29th, 2013, 1:00 AM UTC
1) [AirCoN]
2) Kyou-Kun
3) Plushies
4) Draxuss
5) Yauxo
6) Mara

RIP gaming

also dat 3AM

can someone from room #1 switch with me
Plushies

Mara wrote:

Me168 wrote:

Room 2: December 29th, 2013, 1:00 AM UTC
1) [AirCoN]
2) Kyou-Kun
3) Plushies
4) Draxuss
5) Yauxo
6) Mara
RIP gaming

also dat 3AM

I am probably the worst player on that list ;_;

Got carried by 2008 ar8 maps through the first 2 rounds but I see a reasonable map pool was finally picked. orz
Klooger_DELETED
Anyone from room 2 able to swap with me? both room 1 and 3 are at 7am for me which is wayy too early, not that im going to progress past this round anyway ;p
Topic Starter
Me168

Mara wrote:

also dat 3AM

NotKlooger wrote:

Anyone from room 2 able to swap with me? both room 1 and 3 are at 7am for me which is wayy too early, not that im going to progress past this round anyway ;p
If Mara would be OK with Room #3 (Which is at the same time as Room 1, just the Sunday Game, not the Saturday) I could make that switch
Azer
Mara goddammit I didn't want to see kotomi cry ;_;

oh and I might want to switch, I don't think I can make it to room #1 or #3, I'll see what happens
Mara

Me168 wrote:

Mara wrote:

also dat 3AM

NotKlooger wrote:

If Mara would be OK with Room #3 (Which is at the same time as Room 1, just the Sunday Game, not the Saturday) I could make that switch
Sure, I'll take i-

I just love to burn in hell.
Kardet
Sorry to be a nuisance, but I'll need a switch from room 1 to either of the other rooms, 8pm would be cutting it far too fine to other events I already have planned and I don't think I would be able to make it.
Icyteru
jesus help
Raging Bull
Mara, why cant we be separated for once?

I'll try my best. Work in 2 hours after tourney starts so hopefully no delays :(
Mara
Oh, you know why.

Tall Man_old
me168

was i too late for the match?
Raging Bull
I'm gonna drop out. I really don't have time to invest into this tournament at this moment. Especially the time needed to practice the maps to play efficiently in the tournament.

Go Mara win.
Topic Starter
Me168

Kardet wrote:

Sorry to be a nuisance, but I'll need a switch from room 1 to either of the other rooms, 8pm would be cutting it far too fine to other events I already have planned and I don't think I would be able to make it.
Would you want Room 2 or Room 3 then?

So I Swapped Mara and NotKlooger and sadly removed Raging Bull from the Roster
Kardet
Either of those rooms are fine, whichever would be easier to put me in, thanks a lot.
Mara

Raging Bull wrote:

Especially the time needed to practice the maps to play efficiently in the tournament.
...I was supposed to train for this?
Raging Bull
You don't have too but I do D:

And maps are actually hard this time unlike the last few rounds.

It's okay mara, you already streamed to your viewers about my skyrim secret.
Azer
I would gladly take a switch to room 3 if possible, I mean I can play right now but I'm feeling a little sick and I have no energy.
Topic Starter
Me168
So I ended up moving Kardet and Azer to Room 3
Azer
Instead of advancing 2 people per room you should make all of us play the same maps and advance the 6 players who got the most overall score to make things fair, or something like that because right now room 1 is a free ticket to finals and room 3 is literally the finals minus gatyaa and kyou
Topic Starter
Me168

Azer wrote:

Instead of advancing 2 people per room you should make all of us play the same maps and advance the 6 players who got the most overall score to make things fair, or something like that because right now room 1 is a free ticket to finals and room 3 is literally the finals minus gatyaa and kyou
Though you could say that it is a Free Ticket to the Finals for Room 1, the people who I believe will make it (And I will not name who) can compete at the level of the Finals

Any way I arranged it, it would still be difficult for Rooms 2 and 3 VS Room 1 (Which has Less People in it, which can give that Illusion)

Room 1 is Open. Match Log Here: http://osu.ppy.sh/mp/3693067

MrZoom is being Streamed here: http://www.twitch.tv/pcboy111

NOTE: After a Change of Heart, Azer decided to play Room 1 in the end (Then Dropped from Sickness and Tablet Issues to a Different Room)

Room 1 is Over. Gatyaa420 and Elscar advance to the Finals

Room 2 is Open. Match Log Here: http://osu.ppy.sh/mp/3697528

Azer switched into Room 2, and will be Playing, and is Streaming Here: http://www.twitch.tv/azerfrost/
Icyteru
Misread time oops, thought it was tomorrow
Mara
Hilariously enough somehow I managed to stay awake.

Oh well, I am fucked either way.
Raging Bull
isnt the match in like 18 hours mara? go sleep
Synchrostar
^
Yauxo
RIP me, was fun playing though

Gl in the finals :3
Klooger_DELETED

[AirCoN] wrote:

Misread time oops, thought it was tomorrow
+1 lol
Topic Starter
Me168
I am very sorrynto drop this at the last second for the third room, but the room will be posponed until 9 PM UTC, something came up and I wont be able to open the room up at 7 45 like I had planned on

I will keep everybody updated if it is needed to be posponed again

Sorry again toeverybody in room 3 ;-;
show more