forum

DreamlandMania! [16:9][SD][STD, CTB, TAIKO, MANIA]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
glob_glump

ver. 2.5.1 (9/11/23)

A vaguely Kirby themed skin!

I mostly made this for myself but i figured i'd post it since it became more polished :]
Most assets that aren't original are edited versions of various sprites from kirby's dream course, kirby's dream land 3, and other kirby games. All thanks go to The Spriters Resource.

Also, if you don't like an element of the skin, or want to change the mania scroll direction, look in the "Extras" folder! There might be something useful there.

THIS SKIN CONTAINS A LOT OF RAPIDLY CHANGING COLORS AND STROBING EFFECTS

(old) Screenshots
Gameplay Video

Song selection

Ranking screen

Modifiers

osu! gameplay

Mania gameplay (both note styles)

Catch gameplay

Taiko gameplay

Kaaruumii
wow
Mio Naganohara
hiii!!! i was wondering if theres something i can do it for the mania DDR notes, upscroll to be downscroll bc i usually like to play downscroll but if its not possibly, it's ok! :D
Topic Starter
glob_glump

AskingForLove wrote:

hiii!!! i was wondering if theres something i can do it for the mania DDR notes, upscroll to be downscroll bc i usually like to play downscroll but if its not possibly, it's ok! :D
Yeah! If you open the skin.ini and go down to the 4K Mania section, right at the top are the few things you should change to get downscroll working.
Just change anything that says "up" to "down" and set "Upsidedown" to 0
I tried to make it as simple as possible to edit, so hopefully this helps!
TeamSoldierNub2
Are there any plans to add functionality for anything beyond 4key in mania? I really like this skin so far and I wonder what it would look like in 6key or 7key.
Zennan
cool actually, pretty unique for a current day skin
TeamSoldierNub2
Hi im coming back to this post to say I LOVE THE UPDATES DONE TO THIS OH LORD

im in love with the multikey and hold designs AND the new hitflames + overall look of mania

shit is looking TIGHT asf, good job so far

you may want to center the notefields for every other option than 4key though
Stomiks
Holy this is good. It perfectly captures the essence of old-style kirby games.
TeamSoldierNub2
also for some reason it still says '4key only' despite the update adding multikey
Stomiks

TeamSoldierNub2 wrote:

also for some reason it still says '4key only' despite the update adding multikey
Maybe they forgot to replace the text
Topic Starter
glob_glump

TeamSoldierNub2 wrote:

Oop! thanks for catching that. I was already working on another update to change a few things so i'll fix it when I get the chance!

Also i'm real glad you like the skin!!! thank you :)

edit: there! it should be fixed now. also, the mania notefields are centered too.
TeamSoldierNub2

glob_glump wrote:

TeamSoldierNub2 wrote:

Oop! thanks for catching that. I was already working on another update to change a few things so i'll fix it when I get the chance!

edit: there! it should be fixed now. also, the mania notefields are centered too.

AAYYYYY np

imagine a circle variant of the mania skin, though that would probs be hell to make
Stomiks

TeamSoldierNub2 wrote:

glob_glump wrote:

TeamSoldierNub2 wrote:

AAYYYYY np

imagine a circle variant of the mania skin, though that would probs be hell to make
I'd love to have a circle variant on this skin since I only play with circle notes
mossmania
Hii!! I loved your skin and i was wondering if i could port the ddr skin to malody? I'll give you credit!!
Kaaruumii
Congrats on getting moved to completed skins!
Topic Starter
glob_glump

mossmania wrote:

Hii!! I loved your skin and i was wondering if i could port the ddr skin to malody? I'll give you credit!!
Yea go ahead :)

Kaaruumii wrote:

Congrats on getting moved to completed skins!
And ty!! ^_^
gege11
the skin looks amazing ,but is there something i can do to tone down the strobing in the sliders . they hurt ,and lower my focus , but i still want to use the skin .
TeamSoldierNub2
Hitsparks on arrows are below the arrow receptors themselves (I disabled 'Vertically flip (DDR style)' in mania keybinds, that might be why) if you use this skin in downscroll

EDIT: im a bit of an idiot, turns out all I had to do was replace mania\notes\steparrows\light\up\hitnote and mania\notes\steparrows\light\up\holdnote with mania\notes\steparrows\light\down\hitnote and mania\notes\steparrows\light\down\holdnote in skin.ini, oops
hihidiffent
this is a pretty cool skin but I was wondering if you had this on down scroll I'd totally love that
heckerinnit
it wont let me download :(
show more