forum

[Archived] How to remove the accuracy thing in osu!mania

posted
Total Posts
17
Topic Starter
BurntSandwich
Problem details: So I downloaded a beatmap Because I was bored. I tried normal mode because Hard was just too hard for me. It felt really easy until I began to focus on the 300s 200s 100s and all that. It made me lose focus on the gameplay. Is there any way to temporarily get rid of them?


Video or screenshot showing the problem:


osu! version: Stable 20220829 (latest)
JustABeginner
Replace all the naming files below if it exists on your skin with a 1x1 pixel image.

mania-hit0
mania-hit50
mania-hit100
mania-hit200
mania-hit300
mania-hit300g
Topic Starter
BurntSandwich
BUT HOW?????? HOW???
Zelzatter Zero
In Options, click "Open osu! Folder" button then go to the Skins folder and then the skin folder you want. If you don't have one you can always create a new folder for a new skin.

There you can replace/add all elements with the naming and content mentioned in JustABeginner's post. Remember the Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S to refresh the skin while having the game still running.
Topic Starter
BurntSandwich
I desperately need a SUPER in-depth explanation!

-How DO I replace/add that mania-hit0 mania-hit50 mania-hit100 mania-hit200 mania-hit300 mania-hit300g stuff to a FOLDER?
-What do I replace it with?
-Where do I replace/add it?
MFGSTC

BurntSandwich wrote:

I desperately need a SUPER in-depth explanation!

-How DO I replace/add that mania-hit0 mania-hit50 mania-hit100 mania-hit200 mania-hit300 mania-hit300g stuff to a FOLDER?
-What do I replace it with?
-Where do I replace/add it?
Made this just for you
Also you should download a skin for mania if you haven't downloaded one already.
JustABeginner
Hi!
Welcome to a short Skinning Tutorial for newbies where we guide new skinners on how to add/replace/delete mania judgement files in the skin folder.

1.) Open up osu! and then go to Options.

2.) Search for Skins category - a paintbrush icon.
Then, find "Open current skin folder".



This is the icon you should be looking for.





Click on this one.
3.) Be sure to check what skin are you currently using on the filepath above. The skin name on the filepath must be the same as the skin name you're using in osu!



Filepath on your folder - it's right above.




Note that it is the same name as the previous image shown above.
4.) Now, search any filenames that is said as shown below:

mania-hit0
mania-hit50
mania-hit100
mania-hit200
mania-hit300
mania-hit300g
mania-hit0@2x
mania-hit50@2x
mania-hit100@2x
mania-hit200@2x
mania-hit300@2x
mania-hit300g@2x
mania-hit0-0
mania-hit50-0
mania-hit100-0
mania-hit200-0
mania-hit300-0
mania-hit300g-0
mania-hit0-0@2x
mania-hit50-0@2x
mania-hit100-0@2x
mania-hit200-0@2x
mania-hit300-0@2x
mania-hit300g-0@2x




Examples - ignore ".png" at the end of each filename.

--------------------------------------------------------------



- If you DON'T see any of these names in your skin folder, look at 6.).

- If you see AT LEAST ONE of them, look at both 5.) and 6.).
5.) Delete the whole file that I've mentioned in 4.) - you may refer back to the names I listed.
DO NOT delete that is not what I listed since that is unnecessary.

After that, you're now ready to replace with another image.
6.) Whenever people say a 1x1 pixel image, it means this one: Click here to download

Once you obtained a 1x1 pixel image, copy it into your skin folder and then name replace the following filenames:

mania-hit0
mania-hit50
mania-hit100
mania-hit200
mania-hit300
mania-hit300g

The rest are not really important so don't have to worry about it.
7.) Once everything is done, go back to osu! - MAKE SURE it's the same skin you configure;

Press these 4 keys altogether:
"Ctrl", "Shift", "Alt", "S"

Feel free to ask away if you're still stuck with it.
Topic Starter
BurntSandwich
MY USER FOLDER IS EMPTY HOW THE HELL DO I??????
WHAT THE HELL????
WHAT DO I FILL MY FOLDER WITH????
IS IT A TEXTURE PACK????
DO I 'NEED' A TEXTURE PACK TO DO THIS???
HOW DO I ADD THE TEXTURE PACK??
WHERE DO I GET THAT TEXTURE PACK?????????
WHAT IS HAPPENING????
WHAT THE HELL????
I CAN'T DO IIT!!!!
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I ADDED A NEW FOLDER AND THATS EMPTY TOO!!!
IF I DO NEED A TEXTURE PACK HOW DO I GET ONE???
WHERE DO I GET ONE?????
WHAT THE HELL DOES LIFE MEAN?????
HOOOOOW?????
IM SO FRUSTRATED BECAUSE I CANT DO THIS!!!!!!
BY THE WAY! I DONT WANT IT GONE FOREVER! I NEED IT FOR SOME THINGS LIKE GETTING SS ON SOME BEATMAPS!!!!!
JWHDAUHDLUSRHFTRMHCGTERHFJHMCVGI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????
AND LIKE HOW DOOOO I????
I CANT DO IT FOR FRICKS SAKE!!!!!!!!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HOW DO I FILL MY SKIN FOLDER WITH SUTFF?????
WHERE DO I GET THE STUFF TO FILL MY FOLDER WITH????
PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSEEE!!!!!!!!
IM NOT USED TO THIS KIND OF MODDING!!!!!!!!!
PLEASE JUST ADD AN OPTION THAT REMOVES THE ACCURACY THING!!!!!!!!!!!
NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!
CAN I REVERT IT BACK SO IT SHOWS MY SCORES?????
I CANT SEARCH THE MANIA STUFF UP!!!!!!!
KUFHEFMHFCRILUHTGCRKEIYCGHMKERMHGCKIERUMHGCKIERHCGIUERHGJYERG?????????????????????????
I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO LOOST!!!!!!!!!
I LITERALLY CANT!!!!!!!!
EVERYTHING IS SO COMPLICATED!!!!!!!!!
EVERYTHING HAS TO BE SO COMPLICATED!!!!!!!!!
PLEASE JUST MAKE SOMETHING SIMPLE FOR ONCE!! GOD DAMNIT OSU!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I FEEL EMBARRASSED THAT I NEED THIS MUCH HELP!!!!!!!!!

WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE MEEEEEEE??????????

I HATE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!
Death
I don't know what to tell you man. Sorry you're having so many issues, but posting a huge wall of spam in all caps is not the way to go about getting help. You were given some extremely detailed explanations on what you need to do. I suggest re-reading them very carefully.

If the process is still too complicated, just download a "skin" (what you would likely refer to as a "texture pack") that is already made for you. You can try to find one that has less intrusive 300s, 200s, 100s, etc. You can download them from here: community/forums/109

All you need to do is download a skin you like and double click on it to import it. That's it.
JustABeginner

BurntSandwich wrote:

MY USER FOLDER IS EMPTY HOW THE HELL DO I??????
WHAT THE HELL????
WHAT DO I FILL MY FOLDER WITH????
IS IT A TEXTURE PACK????
DO I 'NEED' A TEXTURE PACK TO DO THIS???
HOW DO I ADD THE TEXTURE PACK??
WHERE DO I GET THAT TEXTURE PACK?????????
WHAT IS HAPPENING????
WHAT THE HELL????
I CAN'T DO IIT!!!!
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I ADDED A NEW FOLDER AND THATS EMPTY TOO!!!
IF I DO NEED A TEXTURE PACK HOW DO I GET ONE???
WHERE DO I GET ONE?????
For this, I can consider a new problem. DON'T clash or even change the current problem - which is "How to remove the accuracy thing in mania" with another problem I quoted here. Let's focus on accuracy thing first, we'll talk about adding texture packs - skin elements is what we call, later when we're done with this.

Read carefully here. Thanks. c:



-----------------------------------------

So in your "User" folder, it's always going to be empty because it is very new - so it's really common as starters and don't worry about it. Like I say, PAY ATTENTION if you see any filename I listed here:

mania-hit0
mania-hit50
mania-hit100
mania-hit200
mania-hit300
mania-hit300g
mania-hit0@2x
mania-hit50@2x
mania-hit100@2x
mania-hit200@2x
mania-hit300@2x
mania-hit300g@2x
mania-hit0-0
mania-hit50-0
mania-hit100-0
mania-hit200-0
mania-hit300-0
mania-hit300g-0
mania-hit0-0@2x
mania-hit50-0@2x
mania-hit100-0@2x
mania-hit200-0@2x
mania-hit300-0@2x
mania-hit300g-0@2x

That's all you need to know if you want to change the "accuracy thing".
DON'T focus on any other else and make your it very confusing, read and follow the steps I gave you instead of making your own conclusion.

And as I say before:

JustABeginner wrote:

If you DON'T see any of these names in your skin folder, look at 6.).
And because the folder is empty, you won't see any names I listed above. Therefore, you will proceed with step 6 and step 7, which is:

JustABeginner wrote:

6.) Whenever people say a 1x1 pixel image, it means this one: Click here to download

Once you obtained a 1x1 pixel image, copy it into your skin folder and then name replace the following filenames:

mania-hit0
mania-hit50
mania-hit100
mania-hit200
mania-hit300
mania-hit300g

The rest are not really important so don't have to worry about it.
7.) Once everything is done, go back to osu! - MAKE SURE it's the same skin you configure;

Press these 4 keys altogether:
"Ctrl", "Shift", "Alt", "S"
Please read these steps carefully here, and try not to ask any other questions except regarding about "accuracy thing" for now. Read and follow the instructions.

Once you've satisfied removing the "accuracy thing" - or it's actually called mania hit judgement, I'm welcomed to help you explain about "adding texture packs".
Topic Starter
BurntSandwich
i still cant find the "mania-hit0, 50, 100 stuff you're talking aboutttttt!!!!!

i tried to look it up in the "search osu!" in the files and nothing popped up


btw, whenever i try to open the pixel.rar file, it tells me to either look for it in the microsoft store, windows media player, word, and wordpad or whatever that is

my pc was not built for thisssss
Zelzatter Zero

BurntSandwich wrote:

btw, whenever i try to open the pixel.rar file, it tells me to either look for it in the microsoft store, windows media player, word, and wordpad or whatever that is
That because you don't have an archive software to open the file with. Recommended going for either WinRAR or 7-zip for this.

At this point imma just make the skin with all elements needed and send it to you. It seems like you are still confused at even how PC works for us to instruct anything.
JustABeginner

BurntSandwich wrote:

i still cant find the "mania-hit0, 50, 100 stuff you're talking aboutttttt!!!!!
If you can't find them in the "User" folder, again follow step 6 and step 7. You may refer back as I've already said about this one.

BurntSandwich wrote:

i tried to look it up in the "search osu!" in the files and nothing popped up
Try not to go any other file other than "User" folder to avoid confusion. Again, read carefully please.

BurntSandwich wrote:

btw, whenever i try to open the pixel.rar file, it tells me to either look for it in the microsoft store, windows media player, word, and wordpad or whatever that is
Ah, currently using WinRar for compressing it. You can download it here: Click me!
Choose WinRAR 6.11 English 64 bit or WinRAR 6.11 English 32 bit on the first link two links - however you like. There should be a step-by-step guide about it.
Zelzatter Zero
Here's the skin without the mania accuracy

All you have to do is just double-click it and done. If it asks what it should open with just choose osu.
Topic Starter
BurntSandwich

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

Here's the skin without the mania accuracy

All you have to do is just double-click it and done. If it asks what it should open with just choose osu.
i understand that i need to click the "open with another app" thing.

am i supposed to open the file with osu!install? i think i messed something up

WAIT A MINUTE OH GOD NO I OPENED THE FILE WITH OSU!INSTALL AND NOW THW ONLY SKIN IS THE 'DEFAULT' ONE HEEEEELP
JustABeginner
Uh no, you can drag the file into osu!.
Topic Starter
BurntSandwich

JustABeginner wrote:

Uh no, you can drag the file into osu!.
oh
Please sign in to reply.

New reply