forum

Can We Take A Moment To Appreciate The First EVER osu!mania Map?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
B0ii
If you ask any osu!mania player what was the first ever mania map, they'd probably say something like "fripSide - only my railgun (TV Size)", However, that's the first ranked mania map. The first ever mania map is actually Ryu - Waterhorizon.

About Waterhorizon

1. Basic Info:
    - Now, it may come as a shocker, but the first ever mania map was in 5K!
    - Waterhorizon was uploaded on October 8th, 2012 at 08:06:46 UTC-5, by the user _Kiva. It since has been Graveyarded
    - It has a BPM of 191, with a time signature of 4/4. The map mostly uses the 1/2 Beat Snap Divisor, but it sometimes uses the 1/4 Beat Snap Divisor
    - As of writing this, This map has only 74 PLAYS, and only 2 favorites (including me). And the "Success Rate" is 39.2% (Pass/Fail : 29/74)
  2. The Difficulties*: 5K Hyper, the only difficulty in the mapset, is 2.86 Stars
    - Patterns in 5K Hyper: Stairs, 2-Key Chords (And some 3-key chords), thrills (I think that's what they are called), and even a Mini-Jack at 00:36:333
  3. The Length: The map is 1 Minute, and 56 Seconds (Drain Time being 1 Minute and 46 Seconds). But it's not even fully mapped. The full audio is 3 Minutes and 14 Seconds.
  4. Object Count: There are 855 Objects in Waterhorizon, 854 of them being Regular Notes, and only one of them being an LN
  5. Random Facts:
    - The map uses the default "Drum" Samples
    - There is a countdown at the start
    - Letterboxing is on
    - At 01:31:699, there are two notes stacked on top of each other
    - At 00:21:108, where the only LN in this map ends, instead of using a 1/2, or 1/4 Beat Snap Divisor, It uses a 1/7 Beat Snap Divisor
    - 163 out of the 854 Notes aren't snapped
    - There isn't a preview point set
    - The Timing Point offset is 286 milliseconds
    - The Description Reads "yohoooo"
Small Note
This map isn't really well known, so please at least acknowledge it's existence, thanks!