forum

osu!Post - Live osu! status for your signatures

posted
Total Posts
166
show more
Lolzy
Nice stuff i'm going to use it as soon as i'm at pc
Oinari-sama
Some feedbacks:
Index Page
  1. More info for the "existing user" error, eg display this line below the Error message: "Not xxxxx? Enter your osu ID in the box below to register your own account!"
  2. Label the URL (eg osu!Post User URL: xxxx) and Link (eg Signature Link: xxxx) when search finds an existing user (in addition to the above)
Config Page
  1. Display this above the signature templates: "Click on the template image below and hit the Change signature button to set signature". Some people have habit of looking for buttons. You might also wanna consider changing the highlight colour to something more noticeable for that reason.
  2. Rephrase the text under the custom signature configure button: (Upload an image and customize your signature. This does not overwrite the templates agove)
  3. Show recommended image dimension for the Custom Signature Configure page
  4. To avoid confusion (somebody may think that he/she needs to input the key everytime to change signature template), display additional texts above the key change boxes:
    Change Broadcasting Keys
    You can change your broadcasting keys to something easier to remember"
osu!Post Client

Consider renaming some of the terms to improve clarity:
  1. Rename URL to something like "Server Link" or "Source URL"
  2. Rename "Enable post" to "Turn on Broadcast"
  3. Rename "Always start osu! automatically" to "Auto start osu with osu!Post"

Bug(?): The "Show preview output" still doesn't work for me by default:
Is there a way to auto load the output URL into the "Preview URL" field?
Ilye
I have a problem, my signature shows offline all the time
It looks like this

I tried restarting osu and osu!post, running osu after running osu!post and osu!post after osu, changing skin

Sig:



Log:
[Info]
Build: 20131108
Maps: 4874
Mapsets: 1318
Registry: E:\Program Files (x86)\osu!\osu!.exe
Database: E:\Program Files (x86)\osu!\osu!.db
Config: C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\givenameplz\osu!PostConfig.ini

[Post]
isOnline: False
mapName: NoMap
mapID: -1
mapSetID: -1
mapIndex: -1

[Post]
isOnline: True
mapName: NoMap
mapID: -1
mapSetID: -1
mapIndex: -1

[Post]
isOnline: True
mapName: TOTAL OBJECTION - Higurashi Moratorium [Rin]
mapID: 230127
mapSetID: 83310
mapIndex: 4234


@edit
It's solved already i put signature link instead of input

I think this would be less confusing after labeling links as source and output
Topic Starter
givenameplz

[-Aoi-] wrote:

I have a problem, my signature shows offline all the time
It looks like this

I tried restarting osu and osu!post, running osu after running osu!post and osu!post after osu, changing skin
[...]
Hello, your URL is wrong, it's supposed to be http://givenameplz.de/osu!Post/input.php?u=2426596.
Input is the place you send your data to, signature itself is only for showing your signature.

[-Aoi-] wrote:

[...]
@edit
It's solved already i put signature link instead of input

I think this would be less confusing after labeling links as source and output
Edit: I see you fixed it, yes.. thats why I did this open beta.
I will most likely change osu!Post to only ask for the User name / User ID and the key, that should make everything easier
(And will still keep an option fo those that only want to use osu!Post for their own server.)

Please keep in mind that osu!Post is not auto updating yet, this will be made available in the next version, so keep an eye on this post from time to time.
Oinari-sama
Time for Good-to-Haves. It maybe a little early to consider these ideas since fixes always come first, but it doesn't hurt to mention them before I forget:

Signature Gallery
Are you considering having a Signature Gallery? A separate page where a visitor can browse and view signatures from all registered users, presented similar to p/friends.

Waifu System
Two registered users can add each other to have their avatar displayed as "Waifu" or "Married to" in the signature.
Topic Starter
givenameplz

Oinari-sama wrote:

Time for Good-to-Haves. It maybe a little early to consider these ideas since fixes always come first, but it doesn't hurt to mention them before I forget:

Signature Gallery
Are you considering having a Signature Gallery? A separate page where a visitor can browse and view signatures from all registered users, presented similar to p/friends.

Waifu System
Two registered users can add each other to have their avatar displayed as "Waifu" or "Married to" in the signature.
Sure always go for it, the Gallery is planned at some point.. about the Waifu System, huh.. haven't thought of anything like this, but will write it down for now..
P.S.: I saw your other post, will improve most of the sections as stated.
- Marco -


maybe it's because i'm using osu!test...

btw i waited untill the middle of the song...
Topic Starter
givenameplz

marcostudios wrote:



maybe it's because i'm using osu!test...

btw i waited untill the middle of the song...
Hoho! I forgot to implement osu!test, will do so in an upcoming version.
Avail_old_1

;3
Topic Starter
givenameplz
osu!Post performance update, it should also work with the testbuild now.
Avail_old_1
You should change the updater language. It's german right now
Edit: New build asks me what I want to do with the signature.php (it wants to save it as an image)
Also,
Kyujuroku 96

Avail wrote:

You should change the updater language. It's german right now
Edit: New build asks me what I want to do with the signature.php (it wants to save it as an image)
Also,
He is not going to translate it anytime soon ;)
Me168
I'm having an issue getting the osu!Post program to go through Norton 360 Anti-Virus. Is there anything I can do to fix this and/or just avoid Downloading osu!Post all together?
fsxd_old
Pretty damn cool system you got, loving it already! Would love to see font options in the future.

One thing to fix is this gives me extreme fps lag when I use it, so i will abstain for now.
Topic Starter
givenameplz
Alrighty, will look into all of it after work.
(This is why its called Beta~)

Avail wrote:

You should change the updater language. It's german right now
Edit: New build asks me what I want to do with the signature.php (it wants to save it as an image)
Also,
Interesting, will be fixed, about the German.. thats really really odd, could you screen it to me, because I haven't actually used any German at all.

Me168 wrote:

I'm having an issue getting the osu!Post program to go through Norton 360 Anti-Virus. Is there anything I can do to fix this and/or just avoid Downloading osu!Post all together?
Will also look into that.

fsxd wrote:

Pretty damn cool system you got, loving it already! Would love to see font options in the future.

One thing to fix is this gives me extreme fps lag when I use it, so i will abstain for now.
More font options like adjusting the glow and such will be coming soon, about the fps lags, thats rather interesting, please pm me with closer information about when it happens, for example, only if post is enabled or all the time and so on. (Also some PC specs if possible)

@All: Thanks for reporting.
fsxd_old
Seems i've fixed the lag by updating my graphics driver and net framework, working fine now!~
Topic Starter
givenameplz

fsxd wrote:

Seems i've fixed the lag by updating my graphics driver and net framework, working fine now!~
The usual suspects~
Oinari-sama
I got this message when I lost internet connection tonight. lol it needs to be translated but I can probably guess what it says anyway:

Topic Starter
givenameplz

Oinari-sama wrote:

I got this message when I lost internet connection tonight. lol it needs to be translated but I can probably guess what it says anyway:

This is an annoying one, as its not supposed to happen.
Its a message from the component I am using (experimenting with) right now, this should hopefully be fixed within the next version.

(I usually suppress those pop-ups and output them in the log.)

Edit:
I also updated to a new version, this should fix a few things, I'll rework the update process after this version, changes only take place when you manually restart at the moment.

Edit2:
Will add the ability to adjust the glow color on the website later.
Akhlis
Awesome project! Awesome Idea!
Avail_old_1

When I open osu!post
Topic Starter
givenameplz

Avail wrote:


When I open osu!post
(We discussed this on PM, if there is someone else with that problem:)

This is a problem with an old build of osu!Post, this is fixed already, updating and then restarting osu!Post will take care of it.
Oinari-sama
After leaving osu!Post on for a long time (12hrs+) yesterday, it was somewhat un-responsive when I tried to turn it off. I finally managed to turn it off by unchecking "Enable post" and "Show preview output" but my sig has been displaying "Online" since last night.

The log mentioned a certain error that "you would love to hear" so I'm posting it lol

The texts are a bit hard to read because the screenshot was taken when the program was busy.

Memory usage just before I killed it:
Topic Starter
givenameplz

Oinari-sama wrote:

After leaving osu!Post on for a long time (12hrs+) yesterday, it was somewhat un-responsive when I tried to turn it off. I finally managed to turn it off by unchecking "Enable post" and "Show preview output" but my sig has been displaying "Online" since last night.

The log mentioned a certain error that "you would love to hear" so I'm posting it lol

The texts are a bit hard to read because the screenshot was taken when the program was busy.

Memory usage just before I killed it:
Alright, thanks for posting. I think I know whats causing this, I will start some more long term tests later.

Edit: Should be fixed with the upcoming version. I will also add options for text alignment later at some point. (eg. left align, right align or centered between two points, like the name is now.)
Topic Starter
givenameplz
I sneaked in a few options for the custom signatures a while ago and also improved a few things in the background.
Everything should be explained if you hover over the tags under "About the positioning values:"

Some new things are:
  1. Adjust glow colors.
  2. Adjust status output slightly. (Hide your name and only show "[Online]" or "[Offline]".)
  3. Adjust map data ouput slightly. (Actually not really worth mentioning, but you can hide the "Playing:" label.)
  4. "Save & Preview" button. (You can also see your uploaded picture correctly now.)


The tags for the output adjustments are named full_output right now and can be set to either 1 (on, full output) or 0 (off, slightly altered output).
(I might rename those tags in the future, but this won't cause any problems, so don't worry.)

Access them here by pressing on the "Configure" button in the "Custom signature:" section.
Daniel58[MC]
Tried two minutes ago dont work for me.

[Exception]
Uncaught exception! (EAccessViolation)
Please tell givenameplz, he would love to hear this!
Topic Starter
givenameplz

Daniel58[MC] wrote:

Tried two minutes ago dont work for me.

[Exception]
Uncaught exception! (EAccessViolation)
Please tell givenameplz, he would love to hear this!
I am already aware of that problem.
This problem will be fixed within the next update, thanks for the report.
(Release within the next days.)
Daniel58[MC]
Ok thanks I will be waiting for it.
Topic Starter
givenameplz
Released a new version containing mostly fixes and performance updates.
As said, this should fix the "exception problem", if its still consistent please drop me a post or a PM.
(I also changed the auto updating to be more efficient.)

Get it here or simply run your osu!Post and restart it after the update.
Oinari-sama
You might wanna add a version/build number somewhere now
Daniel58[MC]
Working now.
Thanks :)
R-A-I-N
eto... how to change the background?
Topic Starter
givenameplz

R-A-I-N wrote:

eto... how to change the background?
First go here.
There you can select a template one or create your own from scratch and upload it with the button below thats saying Configure in the section Custom signature:.
By editing the number values in the input field you can change the output positioning, for more information about the values, hover over the tags above the input field there.

Edit: @Oinari-sama you can already see it in the very first [Info] output, but I will put it somewhere else as well.
R-A-I-N

givenameplz wrote:

R-A-I-N wrote:

eto... how to change the background?
First go here.
There you can select a template one or create your own from scratch and upload it with the button below thats saying Configure in the section Custom signature:.
By editing the number values in the input field you can change the output positioning, for more information about the values, hover over the tags above the input field there.

Edit: @Oinari-sama you can already see it in the very first [Info] output, but I will put it somewhere else as well.
ow thank you
ps: why you not add ability to start automatical when startup or when i open osu! lel
Stefan
[Preview]
Failed to show preview image! (EIdSocketError)

Also my banner doesn't update but I guess these issues are connected. What to do?
Oinari-sama
There is currently a problem for those playing osu full screen. The banner shows your Online/Offline status, but does not show song info. This is related to a fix in the latest osu update:
[peppy] Don't set window title when running osu! fullscreen.
I believe that givenameplz is working on a solution at the moment. For time being, those affected can try using borderless instead (which still displays song info through your signature).
Topic Starter
givenameplz
Hello,

as Oinari-sama said, due to the new osu! patch, you are not able to send data when playing in fullscreen. You can use a workaround and play in borderless window mode, simply uncheck fullscreen in your osu! options and choose your desktop resolution.
(Please bear in mind that this might cause different behavior on some machines, performance wise.)

I will write more about this later, when I find the time to do so.
(I am also looking for and working on alternatives.)

However, Stefan's case might be a different problem, if you may, please PM me a screen of your running osu!Post application (and maybe information about your PC).
I will contact you when I am home.
(Please also make sure that osu!Post is not blocked by any firewalls, but under any circumstances, do not disable the firewall completely. You wouldn't detach your door if you only want to let one of your friends inside.)
MarioBound
Maybe you should make an arcadey style signature. Just sayin.
primrose
I can't seem to get it working :|
Topic Starter
givenameplz

Awoken wrote:

I can't seem to get it working :|
(Just summarizing the PMs:)

Problem has been solved, simply run the application and let it update, then restart it. Everything should work after that.
Thanks for the report.
show more
Please sign in to reply.

New reply