forum

[Archived] Osu speeds up my cursor

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Dog Daft
I have a pen tablet and I have a set area for it but when I play osu it is like my area is smaller. I found this out when I tried to play osu lazer and my cursor was a lot slower. I tried turning the osu lazer in game tablet setting off but it did not help. what do I do?
if it matters my area is 73x41 in my tablet settings - tablet is CTL-472.

osu! version: Stable 20220829 (latest)
Death
Are you sure it's not just the opposite that's happening (i.e. lazer making your cursor slower)? Lazer has its own tablet driver built-in that will override whichever driver you normally use unless you explicitly disable it. The default area in lazer's driver is probably a lot larger than your normal area.
Topic Starter
Dog Daft

Death wrote:

Are you sure it's not just the opposite that's happening (i.e. lazer making your cursor slower)? Lazer has its own tablet driver built-in that will override whichever driver you normally use unless you explicitly disable it. The default area in lazer's driver is probably a lot larger than your normal area.
is there anything I can do to fix the osu lazer tablet settings?
Death
Search for "Tablet" in lazer's settings. You can modify the tablet area through there. Alternatively, unchecking the tablet option will disable lazer's drivers and revert back to using your old driver.
Topic Starter
Dog Daft

Death wrote:

Search for "Tablet" in lazer's settings. You can modify the tablet area through there. Alternatively, unchecking the tablet option will disable lazer's drivers and revert back to using your old driver.
ty
Topic Starter
Dog Daft
found out what happened! in my normal tablet driver my monitor was 3200 x 1080 p because of my 2nd monitor but the osu!lazer driver only used the monitor it was on so it was 1920 x 1080 p. So my area I was using in osu was smaller than I thought. (just found this out last night)