forum

Heroes of the Storm (Blizzard's new MOBA)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Quaraezha

Valve and Riot just collectively shat their pants.
Blizzard has finally announced the formerly named "Blizzard DOTA" and "Blizzard All-Stars", originally an SC2 map
To finally have its own game, similar to Dota 2 or League of Legends. A new MOBA with Blizzard characters, basically.
Namely Warcraft, Starcraft and Diablo. It's called Heroes of the Storm. Y'know... "Storm" as in "Blizzard"
http://www.heroesofthestorm.com/

Although it's pretty retarded, now that Blizzard has two games with the same acronym of "HotS"
The other being Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm
bmin11

Gameplays from the Blizzcon
dNextGen
dear god look at those skill icons hahahahaa
kerolee_old
I'm pretty sure i just saw a shadow of a battle cruiser in there o:
maal
rip off
Soulclenz

dNextGen wrote:

It's still pretty much in alpha =p.

Game looks ok but as for valve and rioting trembling in fear of this, i doubt it. Dota is too well refined and established to be knocked out by this new take on MOBA's.

I will grab it simply to enjoy the nostalia of playing as diablo and killing people, but as for it overshadowing LoL and dota2, I will truly be surprised.
Justykanna

Soulclenz wrote:

Game looks ok but as for valve and rioting trembling in fear of this, i doubt it. Dota is too well refined and established to be knocked out by this new take on MOBA's.

Soulclenz wrote:

but as for it overshadowing LoL and dota2, I will truly be surprised.
Agreed.
They're too refined and developed.
Tetsu_old
Thank god Icefraud isn't working for Blizzard.
Uni
Just saying there is no shop
Topic Starter
Quaraezha
No last kills either. Everyone shares the same EXP and Level, so it really is about teamwork and building up your own set of skills.
Sapphiire_old_1
Damn that Shit looks awsome , when do they plan to release it ?

Soulclenz wrote:

dNextGen wrote:

It's still pretty much in alpha =p.

I will grab it simply to enjoy the nostalia of playing as diablo and killing people, but as for it overshadowing LoL and dota2, I will truly be surprised.

Yeah i have to agree with u dota and Lol are just way to popular right now Lol is even the most played game in the whole world , i am sure Blizzard fans will enjoy the new MOBA but like u said it wont knock out Lol ore the other MOBA's .
Ceph23
Looks interesting but yeah, like these guys said it won't overshadow LOL or DOTA any time soon.
Also it will forever have to deal with hate names like "Rip-off" and "Immitator" and the hate of gamers who don't want to try something new.
Zeraph
yeah cause blizzard got called rip-offs for making their other games that already had games of the same genre that were really popular...yeah......okay......
bmin11
I don't really see how this game is similar to LoL or Dota 2. It feels like they only share the win condition tbh.
yeahyeahyeahhh
Game was trash. It was sooooooooooo boring to play.
Kanye West
It looks like a shitty version of twisted treeline with some random gimmicks and dota hero ripoffs, wow...
Radox1988
I started HotS around a year ago and am ranked 7 right now having played around 2500 games.
Still like the game and the development this year seems to be going in the right direction.
Anyone else here playing HotS and wants to play together both osu and HotS?
Add me if you like. My ID in HotS is RadoX1988#2394 (capitalized X!)