forum

Cloud wrapper for osu!

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
petterroea
Hi! Got this idea while bored in class, thought i'd share it:

When i reinstall windows, i have to download all of my beatmaps again. Sadly, i cant download that many beatmaps at a time because osu!direct does not want me to eat their bandwidth(understandable), and i have to find them again manually. This is also a problem because i use multiple computers. My idea for a sollution was to make a cloud service where people can have their beatmaps and replays automatically synchronized to the cloud, so you don't have to worry about loosing stuff. It is like dropbox or owncloud, but tailored torwards osu!
(Mabe even inbuildt osu!recorder support some time in the future?).

What do you guys think? If i was to do it, i would host it with amazon AWS. Need to find a way of paying for that, as storage is expensive, but mabe i can survive on donations and stuff. I dont want to monetize a free game.

Problem i have had is that owncloud sucks. This is why i want it myself. :P

So yeah. Thoughts?
peppy
Soon-to-come collection import automates the process with osu!direct.

If you want a personal solution, put osu! inside dropbox. Or skydrive. Or box. Or any other cloud-desktop provider. They are generally just as cheap (or cheaper) than amazon solutions.
Topic Starter
petterroea

peppy wrote:

If you want a personal solution, put osu! inside dropbox. Or skydrive. Or box. Or any other cloud-desktop provider. They are generally just as cheap (or cheaper) than amazon solutions.
That is what i have been doing, but i am kinda loosing random data files because owncloud is stupid.