forum

Cons and pros of Mouse and Tablet

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
chanhien
I have asked many people this question,and all I get is huh duh,they're the same....
I have known those difference:
- Holding position
- Speed
But I really don't know how it would affect gameplay,any idea?
djjsixpack
Biggest problem I had going from mouse to tablet was from 1ms polling rate to whatever the tablet is. Seems like it wouldn't be a big problem...nope. I was completely unable to do fast slider jumps like in the map The Pretender and would just fail on them whenever they popped up. Took me several months to get used to that.

As for my biggest con with the mouse, I would have to reposition the mouse a lot because it would drift somewhere weird when playing maps that moved in large circles as the map went on.Lily - Chloe was a particularly bad offender of this.

Not sure if this was quite what you were asking but yeah, those were the biggest gameplay changing characteristics I have with both.
MiDNiGhT2903
I prefer tablet because it's light.
My mouse is freaking heavy and its almost impossible to go fast with it.
I got used to the tablet within a day and it was very easy to play with. But I do miss the high sensitivity of my mouse so I ended up using the smallest area for my tablet.

It's about the same, if you get used to it, it doesn't really matter all that much.
AmaiHachimitsu
pls not this again
Jsdfbn
I could never do jumps across the screen while on my mouse and timing notes while streaming with a mouse was always a problem with me.
On the other hand I tend to go too fast with a tablet sometimes if I haven't warmed up yet.
Weed
Never assume that the tablet is a magical tool to make you 2000% better at this game. There's a lot of factors that go into gameplay that don't even directly affect whether you use a tablet or mouse. This includes reading AR, how accurate you are, streaming speed etc.

Snapping on a mouse is easier, and getting good scores with mouse looks a lot cooler 8-)
But other than that the tablet is probably a better peripheral.
Icyteru
mouse: some people like mouse
tablet: normal people find tablet easier