forum

[invalid] global ranks get deleted after around 3 months

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +6
Topic Starter
nikolaos
As the title states, doing this will stop the maps where all the ranks(top 50) are SS HD/DT/HR/FL,

except for the people actually playing that map/difficulty at that time.

getting people who are as good at the game a chance against the 8-30k plays on that map.

the only problem i guess would be if the map is really old, so no one has played it in a wile.

so, you could stop at 500 plays, or possibly 1000.

however, this would also require you to update every ones PP every so often, so it excludes the now to old play.

this plus the inactive players would mean you actually have to PLAY the game to keep your rank for more then 3 months

oh and about the SS HD/DT/HR/FL, it just annoys me for 500 people to do that on an REALLY easy map, and it makes it nearly impossible for new people to get ranks.
deadbeat
what, no. this is totally unfair to people who worked hard to get a good record. if i had to get my top scores again every 3 or so months, i'd stop playing completely
Topic Starter
nikolaos

deadbeat wrote:

what, no. this is totally unfair to people who worked hard to get a good record. if i had to get my top scores again every 3 or so months, i'd stop playing completely

if you worked hard to get a good rank, what would stop you from doing it again? and in the three months you would improve, so you would go back and do the map again, and get a better rank!

or, they could only get deleted after say 6 months, or a year, i just want the it to be easier for the nubs, who just started.
Marcin
Get better then. This game is all about being good enough to beat others.

Also, some people play roughly around 1000 times a single map to make super good score, they REALLY don't want to do it 1000 times more.
Topic Starter
nikolaos

Marcin wrote:

Get better then. This game is all about being good enough to beat others.

Also, some people play roughly around 1000 times a single map to make super good score, they REALLY don't want to do it 1000 times more.

then have them reset every 6 months, or possibly a year

and i don't really ~want~ to have to do better then 350 people who haven't played the game in 8 months to possibly 3 years.
it seems impractical, and a little annoying, to me at least.

edit :/ ---> and in the time before you have to replay it, you should get better at osu, meaning you wont have to play it 1000 times,
Marcin
https://osu.ppy.sh/u/rrtyui

Tell that to this guy. (Click historical tab at bottom, and check replay on map)

I see no more need for further discussion.
Rei Hakurei
inb4 osu needs weekly/daily/monthly/seasonal/semesteral/yearly ranking
Raging Bull

nikolaos wrote:

and i don't really ~want~ to have to do better
Theres the problem.
Topic Starter
nikolaos

Raging Bull wrote:

nikolaos wrote:

and i don't really ~want~ to have to do better
Theres the problem.
~then poeple who havent played for 3 years.

im fine with doing better then people who played the map a few days, to a few weeks ago.
XPJ38
Play the charts then. They last only one month.

Anyway I absolutely do not support your idea. This is the perfect way to get demotivated. Besides, with your idea, every epic old score from Cookiezi would have been deleted by now, this is totally unthinkable.