forum

How do you get out of a "skill slump"?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
kyid
Hello, this is my very first time posting here! (am bad at english) 🤡

I've been playing for about 8 months to a year now and I came across a sudden decline of my skill. I used to be able to fc 4-4.6* maps. Now i can't even fc a 3* map. My accuracy also dwindled because my hands became more stiff every session I do (1-2 hours a day). I also lost my ability to do streams because my fingers lock up (mostly middle finger of my left hand).

This has been happening for about 1-2 months now and I consulted a lot of forums regarding this and followed a lot of them but to no avail. I also took a long break hoping it would go away. But alas it was still there. Any tips on what I should do next?
pofnkul
firstly star rating is bad

sightread some files and go for 99's with good ur

make sure your mentality is ok
Topic Starter
kyid

pofnkul wrote:

Thanks for the reply!

Also, my mentality is good for the most part, I rarely tilt.

But I also found out the reason why I was performing badly. I got an appointment with a doctor and i was diagnosed with mild carpal tunnel. LOL.

Cya in a month :P
Hoshimegu Mio

kyid wrote:

pofnkul wrote:

Thanks for the reply!

But I also found out the reason why I was performing badly. I got an appointment with a doctor and i was diagnosed with mild carpal tunnel. LOL.

Yes you should definitely take a large break in that case.
TheAngryNerd101

kyid wrote:

Thanks for the reply!

Bruh then no wonder you're going through a skill slump! You should've been taking breaks more often. Your hands have limits :Ɑ
midgy

TheAngryNerd101 wrote:

Bruh then no wonder you're going through a skill slump! You should've been taking breaks more often. Your hands have limits :Ɑ
Cardboard Box - The Limit Does Not Exist