forum

Replay controls & mp3 player

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Chispios
[original thread title: My Ideas]
While i was playing Osu, i did think over some thinks, and i will post them here(i ask apologizes(?) for probably bad english)

1)Replay mode
While i was looking at a replay, i did notice that it doesn´t exist any stop/play button! Maybe you, peppy, can add´em + some extra features, i love this game just because all the features, why don´t add more? :D
2)Osu! as MP3 player?
When you enter edit mode, you can just drag and drop a song to put it in the Osu! program, and just use the whole game in the start menu as Mp3 player!
awp

Chispios wrote:

2)Osu! as MP3 player?
When you enter edit mode, you can just drag and drop a song to put it in the Osu! program, and just use the whole game in the start menu as Mp3 player!
You can already do this. Though osu! requires the mp3 files to be in the \Songs directory (and doesn't point to mp3s elsewhere from what I understand), it is already implemented. Go on, give it a try.
Slezak

awp wrote:

Chispios wrote:

2)Osu! as MP3 player?
You can already do this. Though osu! requires the mp3 files to be in the \Songs directory (and doesn't point to mp3s elsewhere from what I understand), it is already implemented. Go on, give it a try.
Actually, from what I've seen, you can just drag any MP3 file from anywhere on your computer into the Osu! window when it's in Edit mode and it'll just throw it at the bottom, colored purple. From there, I'm not sure, but I think you can listen to it (It's in the random music playlist) but you can't play it (obviously, because you've never made a beatmap for it.)
Topic Starter
Chispios
Yes, it was that i tryed to tell you, maybe this thing can be improved?
awp
I don't know if songs without .osu's work in the MP3 player - where would osu! get the BPM to start bouncing the logo? I could be wrong though; peppy is a magic man.
Echo
I think the osu! logo bounces at ~60bpm if no bpm is specified (eg. drag and dropped song).

Note that when you drag and drop a song into edit, a copy of that MP3 (or whatever) is made in the /Songs directory.