forum

Osu! On Linux systems.

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +140
Topic Starter
MazaczeKK
Hello!
Im requesting to make osu! for linux systems, i think its finally time to extend the game for other communities.
But why?
- playing the osu! on linux platforms is driving people crazy about the issues
- latency wont be an issue anymore
- other countries that dont have acces to win/mac would finally play the game
- if the game was for linux , we could get it on software stores / package installers : snap store , gnome software , flatpak , pacman , apt , flathub
So the people that use linux will be able to install osu! in one command line or 2 clicks in gui. A lot of people uses the software stores , cause they are embeeded in linux distros , and a lot of new fresh players will join to test it out and mabye even stay!
- .Net 6 is finally out for linux platforms , so the coders (peppy) could use it , and it would be easier to do it (propably)
- We could play osu! on a lot of different kinds of computers.

What if we didnt want to code linux osu! For an reason?

Just as a long time linux community member , please we beg to make osu! work on proton or wine, like just fit the osu! To the proton like it was meant to run on it, like on windows these days.

I know its not an easy task , but definitely worth the effort.

Please anwser the request and say what you think about the idea.

Im really sorry for my english.

Best regards,
Maz
clayton
the next major update to osu is a complete rewrite of the game that runs natively on linux. see https://github.com/ppy/osu, they publish linux binary releases with appimage