forum

About maps and mapping for touch devices

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
AncuL
so lazer is practically playable everywhere including touch devices. i've been using a laptop with touchscreen support for a while and i also tried playing lazer on my friend's android tablet

one issue that i and my friends brought up was how maps are not really touch devices-friendly. yes they're playable with touch devices and there's few top players using touch devices, but that's not my point. my friends definitely didn't have fun playing these maps made with PC tracking devices in mind

some of my questions:
  1. are there currently maps made with touch devices in mind? can someone link them?
  2. osu!stream maps are already made for touch devices. have some them already been ported to pc? (and maybe link)
  3. is there enough interest for a mapping community specifically for making touchscreen maps? (or do they already exist??)
  4. for devs (maybe i'll also ask on the dev server): some mechanics playable on touch devices (namely two notes on the same timepoint) is broken on lazer. is there any plans to address this?
[[[[[[
the only maps made for touch devices that i knew of are quantumvortex's glass beach maps and yeahbennou's maps cuz they were made for osu!droid