forum

Vegetarian Labelling for products

posted
Total Posts

Is there a labelling regulation in your country for Non-vegetarian and Vegetarian products?

Yes
0.00%
No
75.00%
I Don't Know/I don't live in a country.
25.00%
Total votes: 4
Topic Starter
Julian_Kaiser
India:

Although sometimes I see the purple labelling that defines the product has egg as the only non-veg product.

Many are vegetarians/vegans here, but even among the non-vegetarians, meat consumption is very low. By this I mean that if people have an ordinary meal or eat a certain dish, the serving of meat that they feed themselves is a slice that's just about 1% of the meal they're having. (It's just pretty much accustomed to the people here)

How about your country?
Nuuskamuikkunen
I've seen it in Indian products and I always wondered what they were.

We don't have that here tho.
Stomiks
My country's not advanced enough to have that. I mean, we can't really even afford to go vegetarian in the first place.
z0z
i have no idea, maybe
Topic Starter
Julian_Kaiser

eblf2013 wrote:

I've seen it in Indian products and I always wondered what they were.

We don't have that here tho.
Well now you know.

We learn a thing or two everyday.

Stomiks wrote:

My country's not advanced enough to have that. I mean, we can't really even afford to go vegetarian in the first place.
It can, just mandate such symbols in food packets.
Regardless of whether you can afford the efforts of vegetarianism or not.
Although here it's mainly due to the percentage of vegetarian consumers.
Since there's lesser vegetarians in the Philippines, I doubt people check whether the product contains meat or not before purchasing/consumption.
Nuuskamuikkunen
The only food labeling I've been seeing, and it's a recent thing is to put a black hexagon in foods that contain high quantities of an unhealthy component like sugar, fat, calories or sodium. It started in Chile but it spread to other countries in the region, including here, with slight variations. The color is so unsetting, like, it warns you to not to eat it because it's unhealthy.