forum

I want to revive Ouendan's mapping style.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
GS-BREAK
I would like some of my easier maps to be reminiscent of the mapping style of the original games.

What do I need to keep in mind when trying to map in this style?
Eni
Check out some of Flux3on's maps. She does a very good job at making iNiS-style maps.

I checked out your Hitokoto no Kyori and you want to avoid freestyle placements like below.

First, try mapping with grid snap enabled. Then, focus on symmetry and prioritize making shapes with your object arrangements. Here's an example from Flux3on's Livin' La Vida Loca:

Topic Starter
GS-BREAK
Ok, so to clarify:

By easier maps, I mean my lower diffs. I intend for some of my Normals to be what the original games consider as "sweatin'" difficulty. (my easys may either be breezin' or cruisin')

Thanks for the tips anyway!
someon

ULT-BREAKER-GS wrote:

Ok, so to clarify:

By easier maps, I mean my lower diffs. I intend for some of my Normals to be what the original games consider as "sweatin'" difficulty. (my easys may either be breezin' or cruisin')

how much stars is in a sweatin?
Topic Starter
GS-BREAK

someon wrote:

ULT-BREAKER-GS wrote:

Ok, so to clarify:

how much stars is in a sweatin?
3-4 stars I think? (according to current star rating)
fluxie31

Project Railgun wrote:

Check out some of Flux3on's maps. She does a very good job at making iNiS-style maps.

I checked out your Hitokoto no Kyori and you want to avoid freestyle placements like below.

First, try mapping with grid snap enabled. Then, focus on symmetry and prioritize making shapes with your object arrangements. Here's an example from Flux3on's Livin' La Vida Loca:

Hey that's me!

Other awesome iNiS style mappers include m980, mm201 (formerly MetalMario201), RandomJibberish, and DiamondCrash/aRiskOfRain.