forum

Taiko beats should overlap sliders [Denied]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Destro
In a few songs in Taiko, especially ones that change the BPM on some sliders to make them faster, the sliders with the faster BPM come in so close to the slower-BPM beats following them up, that you can only see the slider until the very last second when the slider reveals the first few beats that you're supposed to hit of the next series. If you don't understand what i'm talking about, go play Test Tube Princess on [Insane]. You can't see, let alone hit the beats that are hidden by the slider until it's practically too late.

All I think that needs to be changed is for the incoming beats to overlap the slider, instead of vice-versa. This way you can see the beats slowly chugging along even when the slider would normally hide them, and can anticipate when you need to hit them right after the slider ends.
Ekaru
Uh, the sliders are *supposed* to overlap the beats... No support from me. 'Sides, I think it would look ugly. 'Sides, the Taiko purists would be pissed (this is how it worked in Taiko, as evidenced by that one Taiko Tower). But mostly I feel it would kill my eyes. That, and I want some stuff like that one Taiko Tower.
mattyu007
^
peppy
Don't make such bpm changes.
mm201
BPM slider speeds need to be obsoleted already.
Derekku
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
anonymous_old

Derekku Chan wrote:

MetalMario201 wrote:

BPM slider speeds need to be obsoleted already.
Ew no :P
Ew yes.