forum

How do you feel about retrying maps tons of times?

posted
Total Posts
show more
billy96
If it has good song, i don't mind retrying a lot.
chanhien
When I missed a note that I shouldn't.I feel like niggar stole mah bike!!! :x
Zare

CXu wrote:

I don't feel anything in particular about retrying maps.
boat

chanhien wrote:

When I missed a note that I shouldn't.I feel like niggar stole mah bike!!! :x
You mean you feel like you gave your bike away to some "less appreciative nigger".
winber1
like trash
buny

winber1 wrote:

like trash
but the good kind
MiDNiGhT2903
If I still can't get the result I want after several retries, I just move on and play other maps and come back later.
Avena
DTFL takes too damn many retries.
Aqo
After pouring my heart into retrying some mania maps to pass them after a pass first looked impossible I can say that passing a map I retried feels better than one I could pass easily.

It feels like the difference between killing random mobs and doing an instance run and finally beating the instance boss and getting all the phat loot.
lolcubes

Aqo wrote:

After pouring my heart into retrying some mania maps to pass them after a pass first looked impossible I can say that passing a map I retried feels better than one I could pass easily.

It feels like the difference between killing random mobs and doing an instance run and finally beating the instance boss and getting all the phat loot.
This man gets it.
seasonS

LoliFlan wrote:

After 10 retries I get pissed, after 50 all the rage, beyond that I could probably cry all day.
Agreed.
The most I can try a map before getting angry or bored is about 20... maybe more if I really like the song.
Yano
Feeling nervous and the hands are shivering
nyrox
I put 109 plays into a song in one session trying to get S w/ DT. I FC'd it w/ DT on like my fourth try, but the acc was so shit and i never managed to get the S, I refuse to play the song now.

I also put alot of tries into other songs but it gets very stressful so I tend to spec other players for a bit to download new maps then play those.
Almost
I played http://osu.ppy.sh/s/100019 for a straight hour to get an SS again because my previous SS didn't submit due to the server crash. Didn't end up getting it but never again am I ever going to grind a map for that long in 1 sitting.
ryza

sometimes I just hit the retry button in my sleep
pielak213
­
Soulg
how the fuck does one get that many retries
Almost

Soulg wrote:

AFK + perfect mod.
Soulg

Almost wrote:

Soulg wrote:

AFK + perfect mod.
what do you gain from that lol
ryza

Soulg wrote:

a ban

(only way to quit osu! forever)
laref

Silynn wrote:

Soulg wrote:

a ban

And why does that result in a ban? :s
Soulg

Silynn wrote:

Soulg wrote:

a ban

that worked out very well for you 8-) 8-) 8-)
kernymi
If I had a feeling I can pass this map a few times, yes.
Else, no.