forum

Is there a thread, list, or docs of DMCA'd maps?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
KaiserWeebs
always wondering how many maps got copyrighted also wanted to do some personal research
[[[[[[
konami looking at this forum post rn
epic man 2
bandai namco, atlantic records, a_hisa, konami, alon mor, djmax, morimori atsushi and jun kuroda when they see this forum post
CaptainBasculin
with api v1 endpoint /api/get_beatmaps; you can check the "audio_unavailable" endpoint, which is always 1 when a DMCA claim occurs. However the results where the endpoints are 1 are not shown on the batch search (limit=500 with edits on since variable). No it isn't, I'm dumb, see edit 1

Meaning we would need to use a loop that would parse through each 1816124 mapset (with the API limitation of 1200 queries per minute, this would take 25 hours of computation which I'm not going to bother)

If anyone's up to running it, or optimizing it to the point it takes less time to compute (like maybe not calculating maps shown on batch search here's the python code for it I wrote so far:

EDIT 1: I'm dumb, my code checked for integer 1 instead of string 1 and didnt pick up anything.

The amount of DMCA'd maps are 2061 so far, which is interesting.

The entire list is here: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/887024165557788672/1002294465291104376/banned.txt

Fun fact: There hasn't been a ranked DMCA in 2022 (so far please don't jinx it)

EDIT 2: 2061 is the diffcount, mapset count is 471: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/887024165557788672/1002298837446164600/banned.txt (note that these are ranked beatmaps that got dmca'd, not including unrankeds)

also it's interesting that commenting is disabled on DMCA'd beatmaps, when did that happen?
Topic Starter
KaiserWeebs
yoo thank you a lot!! maybe they disabled comments to prevent people to send alternative links to download the map(?)
Blushing

CaptainBasculin wrote:

also it's interesting that commenting is disabled on DMCA'd beatmaps, when did that happen?
this is more than likely due to DMCA'd maps being removed from the online ranking and can only be downloaded after taken down through external links from the users that already had them downloaded. And commenting on a map that shouldnt exist as comments can be found from the userpage.

I could be wrong about this but :shrug: