forum

Starting Osu!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ancalima
I've been playing from a week or so and i can't get pass the 4 stars.. :( i can do some 5 stars songs.

Does anyone have any tips on how to progress in this path?

Thanks
Soarezi
Start with hards and progress further to insanes, never play easy maps.
But seriously though, there are no secrets on becoming good. Just play.
iSpR1Te
look here --> t/99612
Topic Starter
Ancalima
yeah i already saw that thread but there are a lot of stuff that are more advanced than the problems i'm finding now in my game. Is there a progression on hard maps anywhere? I mean from the easier to the harder?
enik

Ancalima wrote:

yeah i already saw that thread but there are a lot of stuff that are more advanced than the problems i'm finding now in my game. Is there a progression on hard maps anywhere? I mean from the easier to the harder?
Considering star rating is flawed take a look at the BPM number on the top left corner. The higher is this number, the faster and harder (in theory) should be a map. It's not as accurate for [hards] as for [insanes] and above though, a map can be hard to play because of specific patterns in it and other gameplay elements you have to learn yet. There're other difficulty criterias such as AR, OD, CS which can be seen in the editor, you can read about them on a wiki page but you don't really need to know that yet.
Topic Starter
Ancalima
Well i guess i'll start doing low bpm songs than :D Thx anyway for the tips
Topic Starter
Ancalima
Since i'm lacking on every fundamental of this game pretty much :( what you guys suggest to focus at first? (i'm getting slightly better everyday tho :D )
Aqo
Focus on playing more and posting on the forums less. You don't improve at osu from posting on the forum, you improve from playing for 8 hours every day.
Topic Starter
Ancalima
well i've got only 4 posts :( i'm not posting so much i guess
Zare
it's 5 posts now

see
Topic Starter
Ancalima

Zarerion wrote:

it's 5 posts now

see
i'm spending way too much time on this forum i guess...
iSpR1Te

Ancalima wrote:

Zarerion wrote:

it's 5 posts now

see
i'm spending way too much time on this forum i guess...
make that 6
MarioBound
Stars are for chums. Just focus on the actual difficulty of the beatmaps and progress from there.