forum

Any Guitar Hero Players? :3

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
MMzz
Yeah so wondering if anyone around here plays guitar hero! :D,
or if anyone is better than me at it O3O jk.

Fun game you have not played it yet, mostly everyone has ya 'know, xD

My skills at the game:
Expert :P
Can beat TTFAF 771k atm
And ya thats about it,
So how good are you Guys/Gals! XD
eee
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=3213 there is already a thread for this... thread died a couple of weeks after World Tour came out

as of which, I can play Expert (guitar) on most songs in World Tour... I think it was meant to be easy, tbh,
I only played III and World Tour, I think I missed out on II, that was supposed to be the best, from what I've heard
Also, I cannot beat TTFAF on Expert (even Hard iirc) without a pick of destiny, good job with that
Topic Starter
MMzz
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
awp
Guitar Hero died once I played Rock Band
Rolled
GH guitar charts > RB guitar charts

other than that RB > GH

I can beat all expert guitar RB2 songs with 90%+ but I've never beaten ttfaf without the aid of a rubber band on green for the beginning part (haven't played gh3 in like 2-3 years though). Can't tap worth shit :(
LuigiHann
I play Rock Band. I'm still at Hard level on both Guitar and Drums.
Topic Starter
MMzz

Rolled wrote:

GH guitar charts > RB guitar charts

other than that RB > GH

I can beat all expert guitar RB2 songs with 90%+ but I've never beaten ttfaf without the aid of a rubber band on green for the beginning part (haven't played gh3 in like 2-3 years though). Can't tap worth shit :(
:P as soon as I get a camera im posting a tutorial on the method i think i invented xD maybe that will help you.(FOR THE BEGINING)
nardii
I started out on GH but now only really play Rock Band. I also play drums most of the time, which I am pretty good at if I may say so myself. I am able to pass and do reasonably well on any song except a few (Prequel to the Sequel, Good Mourning/Black Friday, Peace Sells(lol), YYZ and probably half the Mayhem Pack if I ever get it).

EDIT: Just passed GM/BF for the first time! First time playing it in about 4 months :)
Oh, and anyone here that also plays Rock Band on 360 can add me if they want to (or post your gamertag here, you can probably figure out mine).
Loginer
I can clear all RB1 songs on Expert except for GGaHT.
Topic Starter
MMzz

nardi11011 wrote:

I started out on GH but now only really play Rock Band. I also play drums most of the time, which I am pretty good at if I may say so myself. I am able to pass and do reasonably well on any song except a few (Prequel to the Sequel, Good Mourning/Black Friday, Peace Sells(lol), YYZ and probably half the Mayhem Pack if I ever get it).

EDIT: Just passed GM/BF for the first time! First time playing it in about 4 months :)
Oh, and anyone here that also plays Rock Band on 360 can add me if they want to (or post your gamertag here, you can probably figure out mine).
I could add you but, im not on all the time, trying to function through this game and school. o-o
Rolled

nardi11011 wrote:

I started out on GH but now only really play Rock Band. I also play drums most of the time, which I am pretty good at if I may say so myself.
A Jagged Gorgeous Winter N/A NO SCORES SUBMITTED

Good job. Fuck that gay song.
Topic Starter
MMzz
awp
I find Bass Expert to be like Guitar Hard+ minus the solos, so I can do 5 or 6 stars on most songs sightread, even though I'm natively a Hard player (slowly making the progression to expert)

need new equipment though
Topic Starter
MMzz
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
awp
I found Painkiller to be very easy oh wait I was on Hard lol

the first time I did Panic Attack on expert I nearly bombed it, but managed to scrape by without Overdrive reliance.
Topic Starter
MMzz

awp wrote:

I found Painkiller to be very easy oh wait I was on Hard lol

the first time I did Panic Attack on expert I nearly bombed it, but managed to scrape by without Overdrive reliance.
I see I see,
I remember FCing it my hand was shaking o.e"
IAmCrono
I guess I can say I retired from RB and went to taiko, lol.

http://rockband.scorehero.com/scores.ph ... p=3&diff=4
Topic Starter
MMzz
I have seen you on youtube your good at drums dont retire xD
SkyE-
Gosh.. After I finished "Through the Fire and Flames" I stopped for a long time xD

Mainly because of osu <3
nardii

Rolled wrote:

lol yeah, when I first got RB2 I failed that song a few times and then went on to play other songs. I passed Panic Attack 4th try, Painkiller and Visions 3rd try and only managed to pass that song with 3 stars quite some time later. I should play it again sometime, I'll probably GS it in 2 tries or something now.
Topic Starter
MMzz

Rolled wrote:

nardi11011 wrote:

I started out on GH but now only really play Rock Band. I also play drums most of the time, which I am pretty good at if I may say so myself.

I like that song DX
Behon
Wha? A Jagged Gorgeous Winter is easy. It's hard to FC it on Expert because of that one part where you strum really fast, but getting five stars is simple. Visions, now THAT'S an impossible (and garbage) song.

That said, I play both the Guitar Hero and Rock Band series on the 360. I'll be getting both GH5 and Beatles, so send me a friend request (Gamertag is the same as my osu! username) if you want to play those or the current games as well.
nardii

Behonkiss wrote:

Wha? A Jagged Gorgeous Winter is easy. It's hard to FC it on Expert because of that one part where you strum really fast, but getting five stars is simple. Visions, now THAT'S an impossible (and garbage) song.
I'm talking drums :P It has the most annoying basic beat ever.

I five-starred Visions before A Jagged Gorgeous Winter btw.
LuigiHann

nardi11011 wrote:

I'm talking drums :P It has the most annoying basic beat ever.[/size]
Don't download Linger
awp
I barely pass Visions on Hard Guitar/Bass
Topic Starter
MMzz

awp wrote:

I can gold star on both >.> (expert)
awp
I haven't seen Visions on Expert but if it has hammer-ons I reckon it might actually be easier lol
nardii

LuigiHann wrote:

Don't download Linger
Because it's annoying? It looks more boring and easy to me.
IAmCrono

MittenMasterzz wrote:

awp wrote:

I can gold star on both >.> (expert)

I want a Visions GS badly (Drums)
LuigiHann

nardi11011 wrote:

LuigiHann wrote:

Don't download Linger
Because it's annoying? It looks more boring and easy to me.
It's just not fun at all, is what I was going for
kuwarudo
My guitar controller already broke. I can't buy a new one :(

Stupid controller can't take the fucking heat
Topic Starter
MMzz
That sucks o-0
i broke mine to,
so i dont have one nao :D
Loginer
On Tour: Modern Hits. ABXY. The Metal. On Hard.
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-
LuigiHann
The GH On Tour games are a bit fun with the grip (though it gets old really fast), but the ABXY hack doesn't seem fun at all. It's just awkward
nardii
As if the strumming isn't bad enough by itself. But the horrible strumming AND ABXY as frets... :cry:
Topic Starter
MMzz
That game is fail o-0
nardii
So I was looking for some new songs to download... someone recommended Waking the Demon.
So I bought it and played it: WELL THAT WAS HARD (first time playing)

Also, Fratellis pack is mega winsauce.
LuigiHann
Was putting Kurt Cobain as an unlockable character in GH5 a tasteless act?

YEEEEAH BOYY!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UuAoEW5MbI
awp
wow GH5 has stepped up their character models a fair bit

also lol miis
LuigiHann
Yeah, the game as a whole looks (and plays) quite a bit better than GHWT. Character animation, especially for the singer, is hugely improved. But it's still very weird that the "celebrity guest" characters don't have special animation sets that carry over from song to song, because as cool as the song-specific animations look for the most part, it's awkward to see Kurt Cobain or Johnny Cash bustin' some moves.

And that's the 360 version, so those are "Avatars," not Miis. But they're also weird to see on stage, it gives the whole thing a "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" look.
awp
Topic Starter
MMzz
When the hell did GH5 come out O_O
LuigiHann

MittenMasterzz wrote:

yesterday
Topic Starter
MMzz
Figures that I forgot
awp

LuigiHann wrote:

MittenMasterzz wrote:

yesterday
they were talking about it on the radio in the truck
Behon
Beatles is out today. Should we still be making RB posts in what was intended as a GH thread, or should I start a new one?

LuigiHann wrote:

But it's still very weird that the "celebrity guest" characters don't have special animation sets that carry over from song to song, because as cool as the song-specific animations look for the most part, it's awkward to see Kurt Cobain or Johnny Cash bustin' some moves.
YEAAAAAAAAAH BOOOOOI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UuAoEW5MbI
LuigiHann
nardii
ok i just had to fucking post this

GOD wrote:

Hey everybody,

A little bit of PAX flu can't hold us back. Here's next week's DLC offerings!

Tracks available on Xbox 360 and Wii (Sept. 15) and PLAYSTATION 3 system (Sept. 17):
• Anvil – “666”
• Anvil – “Metal on Metal”
• Anvil – “This is Thirteen”
• Dinosaur Jr. – “Pick Me Up”
• Dinosaur Jr. – “The Wagon”
• The Guess Who – “Hand Me Down World”
• The Guess Who – “No Time”
• Tenacious D – “Rock Your Socks”

• Tenacious D – “Tribute”
YES FUCK YEAH KSNNNSUISNVUSLDUAEVTEVA

FUCK

YES