forum

Wait, there's a forum?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
jessmatehrobo
...I've been playing Osu! for a few months and had absolutely no idea there was a forum for it. Usually whenever I find a game with a fairly interactive community, I make a beeline for the forums pretty much the second after I sign up. I guess this can probably be blamed on the fact that I hardly ever visit the main site and tend to confine myself WITHIN the game, but that Doesn't Matter™. I'm here now, and I might start visiting more often now that I'm aware this exists.

Long explanation aside, salutations. I'm Jessma, pleased to make your acquaintance. And although my username suggests such, I'm not a robot. Forums are probably my favorite thing on the internet, there's just something about them that feels more welcoming as opposed to mainstream social networks.

Osu! is not the only rhythm game I play. I play Rhythm Heaven (DS and Megamix, would love to play Fever but my Wii oofed a few years ago), Parappa the Rapper, Project Sekai, Bandori, D4DJ, sometimes Kalpa, sometimes Enstars, tried Arcaea but I gave up, considering redownloading Quaver, and I finally, FINALLY got to play Pump It Up for the first time yesterday. (DDR, PIU, and most arcade rhythm games in general [I have never seen a real Taiko no Tatsujin or Pop n' Music machine in the wild] are extremely scarce in my state for whatever reason.)

And even though I play all of these games, I'm still trash at Osu! All modes. I'm only mildly decent at Mania but still pretty bad, just barely there with Taiko, I could really care less about Catch (controversial opinion?), and oh boy don't even get me started on Classic. I'm jealous of Classic players. Really.
So, with that being said... I really hope to improve my skills. Osu! is very fun, because it's basically an amalgamation of 4 different games FOR FREE... and with custom beatmaps!

I also hope to maybe get into charting. There are some songs that I really love but I'm too low in skill to play them *cough* conflict *cough*, so I want to make easier maps of really good songs to make them accessible to everyone, regardless of skill level. Speaking of which...

I'm not a competitive player. I'm mainly just here to have fun and hit some beats to some tunes. That's all.

Anyways, sorry for making you read an essay about me. See you around!
- Marco -
Welcome to the Forums :D