forum

How do I create "noisy"/distorted sliders?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Reletr
For example, like in true DJ MAG top diff mapped by Nathan, the weird S slider at 4:15.508. I heard you can use Mapping Tools to do this, but I couldn't find it anywhere in the application.
Zelzatter Zero
Actually Slider Tumour is the best tool for this, however it isn't bundled in Mapping Tools but rather a separate appication.
Mr_dripp
idk
Shiraya Sayuki

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

Actually Slider Tumour is the best tool for this, however it isn't bundled in Mapping Tools but rather a separate appication.
It is just scroll thru the mapping tools. There's a thing called slider merger, where you can make your slider have perfect tumors. The process would be to make to copies of the slider that you want to have tumors, convert both to streams using the "convert to stream" tool in the editor, and then stack both of the streams in 1/4 and 1/8 snapping respectively (you just do it by changing your snap to 1/8 and then take your 2nd stream and put every circle in the 1/8 tiny yellow ticks, then click proceed on mapping tools in the section of slider merger and you are good to go.
Depending on how you do it, if you tabbed out while still being in the editor, you need to click the "revert to saved" button in the tab above in the editor (like where the file tab is), do this after clicking proceed and still being in the editor. After this your tumored slider should show up.
Zelzatter Zero

Shiraya Sayuki wrote:

It is just scroll thru the mapping tools. There's a thing called slider merger, where you can make your slider have perfect tumors. The process would be to make to copies of the slider that you want to have tumors, convert both to streams using the "convert to stream" tool in the editor, and then stack both of the streams in 1/4 and 1/8 snapping respectively (you just do it by changing your snap to 1/8 and then take your 2nd stream and put every circle in the 1/8 tiny yellow ticks, then click proceed on mapping tools in the section of slider merger and you are good to go.
Depending on how you do it, if you tabbed out while still being in the editor, you need to click the "revert to saved" button in the tab above in the editor (like where the file tab is), do this after clicking proceed and still being in the editor. After this your tumored slider should show up.
Technically Slider Merger can work, but I'd rather reserve this for more complex ones where the tumor has more variable length, such as this:

For basic tumor sliders like the aforementioned example, Tumor Generator would be way easier.
gummibar
ay guys, Tumour Generator is actually included in mapping tools now. its alot of fun. go nuts. thank you olibomby.
Zelzatter Zero

gummibar wrote:

ay guys, Tumour Generator is actually included in mapping tools now. its alot of fun. go nuts. thank you olibomby.
wait I forgor that there's a bundled Tumor Generator in Mapping Tools now.

Imma check that as well
Shiraya Sayuki

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

Shiraya Sayuki wrote:

Technically Slider Merger can work, but I'd rather reserve this for more complex ones where the tumor has more variable length, such as this:

For basic tumor sliders like the aforementioned example, Tumor Generator would be way easier.
I find slider merger easier because it's more manual instead, therefore easier to understand