forum

Ranking a beatmap compilation composed of other beatmaps

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
patadar
I'm currently mapping an album and I would eventually like to get it ranked.

The map: beatmapsets/1773342#osu/3630896

Ideally, I wanted it to be one beatmap with 8 difficulties where 7 difficulties are the specific songs of the album and the last difficulty is a compilation of all the other difficulties however the ranking criteria doesn't allow a beatmap to have multiple songs. Because of this, I will have to split the beatmap.

I have a few questions:
  1. Will I be able to rank the compilation as it would just be 7 ranked beatmaps joined together?
  2. There are some songs in the album which are not too long so I will have to map multiple difficulties of the song (which I originally planned to skip as all the songs would be in one beatmap). Is there some way to skip this after splitting the beatmap?
  3. Is there any chance the beatmap could be ranked without splitting it even though it would go against the ranking?
lewski
1. no
2. no
3. unless community/forums/topics/1079326 passes (which seems unlikely based on how dead the thread is), no
Eni
You should create individual sets for each song you want to map. Remember that the bigger your set is (song length, number of difficulties, etc.) the more effort modders have to put towards checking your set (and the more things you'd have to change if you made mistakes). Most new mappers will rank NHI TV Size with NH GDs or 1 diff 3:30-5:00 to avoid this.

Currently your mapping ability isn't at a rankable level, so try mapping for fun and finishing your maps before worrying about the ranking process.