forum

Help me out of this rut

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Life__
For the past month or so that I have been playing mania It hasn't been fun. I have tried every method of improvement I could find and nothing works. Either I just suck or I'm doing something wrong. I'll go with the former.

Every single time I play mania I am very excited to play but then get annoyed with my incompetence. I'm not sure this time will be any different from the various other times I wanted to find improvement guides to mania but I am desperate now. I love rhythm games and I want to improve at them but this is just sad. I feel like I could be much better at this. And almost every single time I play mania my brain gets eroded with mindblock. This doesn't happen with the other osu!mania-style games I've played before. I can't even S a 2 star map. Help me please.

Update: Sorry for my desperation. It was 4 AM and I had a very bad headache. I increased my scroll speed it helped my by allot.
iShanoa
I'm in the same boat as you. I believe everything takes time so we just have to keep practicing. What I can suggest is to stop spamming the same map over and over. If your performance is worst than your previous one, it's fine. You can go back and try again at a later time or day~

We can't always expect to play on our utmost potential every time!

You can also check my profile and see my progress. It took me thousands of game last month! I can't say I'm doing good but I guess I did improve quite a bit. XD
Hoshimegu Mio
Just play what you like. Don't focus on making improvement all the time. It's all about the journey, and not the destination, after all.
DeltaNami
I'd also like to add that with 4 hours of playtime, it's u likely that you're in any kind of skill barrier and that it's more so about how you play the game. If accuracy is your problem, try changing skins and hitposition/offset. You can change your scrollspeed and find something more comfortable. If you've done all that, you just need to put more time into building good accuracy habits on lower star maps. Try not to move up in SR when you can't consistently S rank maps in your current SR.