forum

How difficult of a map will you attempt to FC?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
iWhorse
For some reason, I found it really difficult to word this question.

For example, if you sightread 95% acc on a song, would you try to FC it? 90%? 80%? What acc do you generally sightread on a map before trying to actually attempting to FC it, or do you just go by miss count?

I don't go for FC often so I usually just pick random maps :L.
Almost
I only FC maps I know I can get within 2 attempts.
buny
if it's a few random misses then sure, why not?

if it's a part that i'll keep missing, i'll give it a few tries before i switch map
Reyvateil

buny wrote:

if it's a few random misses then sure, why not?

if it's a part that i'll keep missing, i'll give it a few tries before i switch map
Basically this.

You can get a feel from what you can full combo when your misses on a map felt more like accidents or slips than your lack of ability.
pielak213
­
Story
I only try to fc if i can get decent accuracy on it and i have barley any misses
Mikelicious

TeaDots wrote:

You can get a feel from what you can full combo when your misses on a map felt more like accidents or slips than your lack of ability.
x2
Raging Bull

TeaDots wrote:

this and combined with if I like the song or not. If it's a song I like and within my abilities, I try about 5 times or so before moving to another map
Yarissa
If I play something and I know I can fc it with a few attempts/ polishing my own gameplay, I go for it. It really helps that I can see how/ where I miss when I livestream with my second monitor
Wishy
This question is actually kind of tricky to answer because it depends on how you like to play. You usually know if you can FC something or not, thing is you can actually FC pretty much everything you can somewhat properly play.

What do I mean? For instance, "I can FC this on DT" http://osu.ppy.sh/s/37313, but truth is I'm not gonna retry for hours until I get a no-miss play. It's pretty much up to how much you are willing to retry a map. Of course if you miss everywhere all the time then it's gonna take a trillion retries for you to FC so yeah you "can't" do it.
Illus
The only times I go for FC is when I play a map first time and get 1-2 random misses (usually easy- to mid-tier-Insanes for me). Then I think about retrying, and I don't do it more often than 2-3 times. "Retrying until you can FC it" makes the game repetitive, boring, and frustrating since you always listen to the same song, and even then most likely only a part of it, and you always play the same parts.

Even if my misses were just accidents, maybe I just have a bad day, so I generally move on. Eventually I'll come back and FC it on some random try, so why bother?
HoneyCakeZ
If i know i can fc the map, i will try.

2-4 times if i don't like the song
2-xxx times if i like the song
Hoax_old
I usually try and FC every song. But looking at an accuracy. I would say anything I can get an A-S on I will go for a FC at sometime. Then B's I try to get up to A's then maybe try an FC a little later. Anything less than AR9 I will always try to FC tho.
Soulg
if I think I can FC it I try, unless i hate the song then ill go for top 500 then move on