forum

osu! World Cup 2013 - Discussion Thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
Metro
Even if the 8 FC their accuracy is not their real accuracy as they're playing nervously. But you'd also need 8 FC's which is very rare.

And I didn't "code" the spreadsheet, Tom did. I got the idea and he helped me.
AmaiHachimitsu
so on the paper we're #3

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA
ToGlette
I guess the missing players are ones who dropped out from the player check-up.
If there has been one... Maybe
Cyclohexane

Metro wrote:

For anyone interested: owc Team Strenght.
Thanks. I find stats like that very interesting and they will help me a lot during the streams. If anyone wants to make more statistics and stuff like that, by all means, I'd be very grateful.
Metro
I selected the four best players according to stats but I might've fucked up in some countries. If you think another player should be on the list please PM me.
Topic Starter
Loctav
As in old tradition, we seeded the teams into brackets (4 brackets this year, consisting of 8 per seeding group).
Luckily, I had helping hands, so thank you fartownik, Darksonic and Metro.

Here is the list:

Top-seeded

• China
    Germany
    Japan
    Korea
    Poland
    United States
    Taiwan
    Thailand

High-seeded

• Argentina
    Brazil
    Hong Kong
    Latvia
    Norway
    Russian Federation
    Sweden
    United Kingdom

Low-seeded

• Australia
    Austria
    Canada
    Finland
    France
    Indonesia
    Italy
    Netherlands

Unseeded

• Belgium
    Bulgaria
    Chile
    Estonia
    New Zealand
    Philippines
    Singapore
    Venezuela
kriers
Norway as High-seeded? This is too good to be true.

Overall it seems this list has had expert opinion.
fabriciorby
HAHAHA UFCK YOU METRO HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I LAIGH AT UR FACE HAHAHAHAAJ
Metro

fabriciorby wrote:

HAHAHA UFCK YOU METRO HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I LAIGH AT UR FACE HAHAHAHAAJ
fabriciorby
i ahte youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu seriouslyyyyy talkin
Wishy
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHA
Frostmourne
lmao fabri
Synchrostar
what the actual fuck lol
Alumetorz

Best-seeded

• Austria
Ilye_old

Mr Color wrote:

Metro wrote:

Thanks. I find stats like that very interesting and they will help me a lot during the streams. If anyone wants to make more statistics and stuff like that, by all means, I'd be very grateful.
I can analyze info from previous osu world cups
e.g.
Its Korea's 4th apperance in owc
In last OWC Taiwan reached semifinals
XXX played against YYY 3 times alredy and won 2 matches (after drawings)
individual players stats for specific map (after revealing mappool)

The thing is if this will be useful?
zozozofun
It was a good day, wasn't it, Fabri?
fabriciorby
why u doing this to me :(
Slith
well with cookiezi retired i wonder who would win this world cup. ready the popcorn!
AmaiHachimitsu
well with cookiezi retired i wonder who would win this world cup. ready the popcorn!
Of course it's a common knowledge that Korea team does not exist without Cookiezi. I bet that Germany will win since they have CookEasy which is the most similar to Cookiezi.

pls
Soarezi

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

Of course it's a common knowledge that Korea team does not exist without Cookiezi. I bet that Germany will win since they have CookEasy which is the most similar to Cookiezi.

pls
What about me

pls
My Accuracy Sucks

Metro wrote:

Second on Italy team, t-thanks ;_;
Topic Starter
Loctav

fabriciorby wrote:

why u doing this to me :(
I still wait for your reply :P

Btw: I had to postpone the drawings to the 31st Oct. Sorry. (Studying for a master degree eats time, you know :C )
CookEasy

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

pls
Metro

My Accuracy Sucks wrote:

Metro wrote:

This is fixed.

Also removed Niko from the spreadsheet. He asked me to do it because he won't play any owc matches.

I did this from my mobile, somehow broke something and can't fix it. I'll fix it in a few hours.
My Accuracy Sucks

Metro wrote:

My Accuracy Sucks wrote:

This is fixed.

Also removed Niko from the spreadsheet. He asked me to do it because he won't play any owc matches.

I did this from my mobile, somehow broke something and can't fix it. I'll fix it in a few hours.
Well that's actually not what I meant at all but ok xD
Metro
Dunno what you meant then.
Lytessill
when is the first round?
Topic Starter
Loctav
Theeeere we go again.
You all know that talking about ToS violation is prohibited in public.
So don't do it again. I really don't feel like dropping silences now, so feel warned for the next time
(if you disagree with the management, you are free to quit. But do it silently, because I actually don't give a poop about what you think is fair or not - especially in this regard)

FYI: I rejected obvious troll submissions, based on the registered people. When a roster contained one banned account and more than 2 players without a single play count on osu! Standard or the ones that could not even pass a single Normal diff with better than a C, I ignored the registration.
The rules clearly state that all registrations get checked. Not only based on your account standing.

This tournament is a service hosted by me. I try to be fair and neutral. If you feel unfairly treated, it's kinda unclever to attack me and my management in public, since you will not help yourself.
If you don't want to play on the OWC, just don't show up. Some free wins for your group. But don't say that you would be better than all of the rest if you didn't even try.
Majority of the player base arranged with exchanging players that didn't pass our checks. If you fail to agree that we do that, ignore this tournament. You have no rights to participate here, it's a privilege. Sorry to sound so arrogant, but you always forget that it is not as a matter of course to have an OWC and to have you and your wishes in.

Tl;dr: if you don't like this OWC and how it is made, just leave. But don't get on my and everyone's else nerves. Thank you.
khalifa father

Loctav wrote:

Theeeere we go again.
You all know that talking about ToS violation is prohibited in public.
So don't do it again. I really don't feel like dropping silences now, so feel warned for the next time
(if you disagree with the management, you are free to quit. But do it silently, because I actually don't give a poop about what you think is fair or not - especially in this regard)

FYI: I rejected obvious troll submissions, based on the registered people. When a roster contained one banned account and more than 2 players without a single play count on osu! Standard or the ones that could not even pass a single Normal diff with better than a C, I ignored the registration.
The rules clearly state that all registrations get checked. Not only based on your account standing.

This tournament is a service hosted by me. I try to be fair and neutral. If you feel unfairly treated, it's kinda unclever to attack me and my management in public, since you will not help yourself.
If you don't want to play on the OWC, just don't show up. Some free wins for your group. But don't say that you would be better than all of the rest if you didn't even try.
Majority of the player base arranged with exchanging players that didn't pass our checks. If you fail to agree that we do that, ignore this tournament. You have no rights to participate here, it's a privilege. Sorry to sound so arrogant, but you always forget that it is not as a matter of course to have an OWC and to have you and your wishes in.

Tl;dr: if you don't like this OWC and how it is made, just leave. But don't get on my and everyone's else nerves. Thank you.
It is country not privileged we all share same value, i not play for winning score/rank but play for fun but would like to participate with other country around world is experience, not many bahrain play such game but when do treated like this is not feel god.

https://osu.ppy.sh/p/pp?s=3&o=1&c=BH#jumpto

we have sufficient player can pass normal for tournament , of course not winning but we can playing song , we have all are human value same it is not different from rank and pixel picture score we have equal live , you are judge from poor culture learn it basic of

it is ugly manner you ignore and not said this , also was delete many user support bahrain post is big disappoint treatment , i have sad now , god i wishing all god life
god bye tournament , thank you user reply and helping
Topic Starter
Loctav
You are free to try again participating on OWC next year, if you don't sign up with banned users and users who did not even played this game on the level the OWC is for. I am not interested in what country you are, but I simply took a look on your roster and considered as unfair to you and the rest of the player base you let you into a world championship, if you did not even fulfill the basic skill requirements for it.
As soon as you and your team reached a competitive skill level fitting for the OWC, feel free to try again later.
khalifa father

Loctav wrote:

You are free to try again participating on OWC next year, if you don't sign up with banned users and users who did not even played this game on the level the OWC is for. I am not interested in what country you are, but I simply took a look on your roster and considered as unfair to you and the rest of the player base you let you into a world championship, if you did not even fulfill the basic skill requirements for it.
As soon as you and your team reached a competitive skill level fitting for the OWC, feel free to try again later.
it is not skill, it is only picture game , you have blind for not let human play it equal value
Metro
Soarezi
Do they let bad players join Ice hockey world cups, football world cups etc?
Do they let bad players join LoL world championship?
No.
Why would people want to see bad players against insanely good players?
There's a clear reason you guys are not accepted. This rule applies to every single tournament there is in the world, unless it's specially meant for (bad) players.

owait i believe that guy is a troll
Darksonic

Soarezi wrote:

No.
There's a clear reason you guys are not accepted. This rule applies to every single tournament there is in the world, unless it's specially meant for (bad) players.
This doesn't make sense in some point, because if it was like that they would accept strong teams like Japan or Korea only. The only owc purpose is to have fun only imo, even if we know that probably the champion will be the same as last years, and many teams have a big advantage against many others, that doesn't mean it will be a good tournament too and that everyone can have fun.
Soarezi

Darksonic wrote:

Soarezi wrote:

No.
This doesn't make sense in some point, because if it was like that they would accept strong teams like Japan or Korea only. The only owc purpose is to have fun only imo, even if we know that probably the champion will be the same as last years, and many teams have a big advantage against many others, that doesn't mean it will be a good tournament too.
Osu will never have a balanced tournament if we count in all the teams participating. The skill level between some countries compared to other countries is enormous. Osu is not played enough, so yeah. That's why there can't be balanced tournaments. Unless there were only like 4 teams / countries in it lol which wouldn't make any sense.
Gretsch
Just make a ranking chart like the monthly charts except have one for OWC. Set a score threshold for the group of maps and if an individual cannot exceed this total then they have no business trying to play in a world tournament.
AmaiHachimitsu
Of course there is always that one team is better than another. But Bahrain's team is an extreme. It goes from "they'll probably lose" to "they don't stand a chance". Bahrain would lose 4:0 to every lowest-tier team which participates.

I think that all of that is a troll, too. Bad troll this time.
Soarezi

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

Of course there is always that one team is better than another. But Bahrain's team is an extreme. It goes from "they'll probably lose" to "they don't stand a chance". Bahrain would lose 4:0 to every lowest-tier team which participates.

I think that all of that is a troll, too. Bad troll this time.
friendok is from there too, so i'd say this guy is nothing but a troll

or then he's friendok since friendok's account got banned
Metro
According to friendok khalifa is plotter, the other Bahrain troll. Stop answering seriously guys, you're getting trolled really hard.
khalifa father
sorry my english is poor i not understand the reply many

but i just feel the country must all allowed and equal value human , thank you for read, i stop check this me give up it , god lucking all
thank for help
show more