forum

Problem with hitsound copier?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
svaysvay
So there's this application called mapping tools that I think most mappers know by now. I've encountered an issue with its hitsound copier every time I try to use it. Sometimes it doesn't copy all of them properly, so random objects just don't have any hitsounds.

This issue applies both when copying hs from a normally mapped map as well as a custom hitsound diff with just circles.
I've tried updating mapping tools to the latest version every time and also reinstalled it. Nothing helped.
Am I the only one encountering this issue? It's really tedious to fix the hs every time manually, and since others don't seem to have this problem I'm kind of confused.

Researching this also didn't really give me any answers, so I'm asking here. Any help is appreciated
Eni
Link an example map or osz where the issue occurs so we can reproduce the issue. I've never had that issue and it could be related to how you're making your sets.
Topic Starter
svaysvay

Project Railgun wrote:

Link an example map or osz where the issue occurs so we can reproduce the issue. I've never had that issue and it could be related to how you're making your sets.
Just recently hitsounded this one - beatmapsets/1770997#osu/3625377
I fixed it on the top diff, but lower diffs have the same issue. Especially in the last chorus it's really obvious
I made a hitsound diff for this set and then copied the hs over to the other diffs

Here's one of my own sets where I had that issue - beatmapsets/1709132#osu/3492431
Already fixed most of it I think but yeah, maybe it'll help
Eni
Can you share the hitsound diff as well?
Topic Starter
svaysvay

Project Railgun wrote:

Can you share the hitsound diff as well?
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SLVCcTRQ3rnP5ZV8Ew9mJmatiUwTrDqX/view?usp=sharing
Eni
Works fine on my end. I noticed that some claps were missing in diffs like Hard, so I made a new Hard diff, removed all the hitsounds, then used Mapping Tools on it to see what would happen. Below are the results.

As you can see, all diffs except top are missing hitsounds here (~7 to 13 seconds in). Make sure your Mapping Tools settings are the default. If that doesn't work, you can always ask someone else to copy hitsounds for you.
[[[[[[
maybe change the temporal leniency to something a little bit higher? i use 5 and i never encounter this issue
Sophie Twilight

Project Railgun wrote:

Works fine on my end. I noticed that some claps were missing in diffs like Hard, so I made a new Hard diff, removed all the hitsounds, then used Mapping Tools on it to see what would happen. Below are the results.

As you can see, all diffs except top are missing hitsounds here (~7 to 13 seconds in). Make sure your Mapping Tools settings are the default. If that doesn't work, you can always ask someone else to copy hitsounds for you.
Good song there lol
Topic Starter
svaysvay

Project Railgun wrote:

dPeace wrote:

maybe change the temporal leniency to something a little bit higher? i use 5 and i never encounter this issue
Will try these as soon as I can, thanks
RVMathew
I would also check the snaps.
I have had some instances where some notes are 1ms off, but as a result, some objects have missing hitsounds.

Try 'resnap all notes' for every diff, then copy the hitsounds again.