forum

My eyes can read the notes but my fingers doesn't follow. Is this normal? (solved)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
iShanoa
I've played O2 Jam before but I didn't really focused on improving (played a lot of Fly Magpies XD). Now, I'm so addicted to Osu! Mania and I want to improve to finish hard maps but I am hard stuck on this problem. Sometimes, after playing for about 12-16 hours, my accuracy drops a lot that my fingers get sloppy even on super easy songs.

Need advice. Thanks!
Gamesnake7
You played mania for so long, normally people play for 1-2 hours before taking a break. I hope this helps with your eye problem, if it doesn't then get a doctor to check it since us mania players aren't the best at checking them.
Topic Starter
iShanoa

Gamesnake7 wrote:

You played mania for so long, normally people play for 1-2 hours before taking a break. I hope this helps with your eye problem, if it doesn't then get a doctor to check it since us mania players aren't the best at checking them.
Thanks for your concern. I don't think I have problems with my vision but I'll have them checked just in case. ^_^
- sleepy chii -

iShanoa wrote:

I've played O2 Jam before but I didn't really focused on improving (played a lot of Fly Magpies XD). Now, I'm so addicted to Osu! Mania and I want to improve to finish hard maps but I am hard stuck on this problem. Sometimes, after playing for about 12-16 hours, my accuracy drops a lot that my fingers get sloppy even on super easy songs.

Need advice. Thanks!
Playing for that long is actually bad so you should quit having that habit.You should remember that YOUR physical health matters more than this game.If you start having serious problems you should immediately stop playing and let a doctor check you like the wise bing chilling said
kaleksi
Hey I noticed you're playing converts, you should make sure to play charts that are made for mania if you want to improve.
bananahira

iShanoa wrote:

Need advice. Thanks!
try lowering your scroll speed and maybe change your skin.
Topic Starter
iShanoa

RandomPerson56 wrote:

iShanoa wrote:

Need advice. Thanks!
Playing for that long is actually bad so you should quit having that habit.You should remember that YOUR physical health matters more than this game.If you start having serious problems you should immediately stop playing and let a doctor check you like the wise bing chilling said
I see. Guess I'll drop my playing hours. I'll be sure to visit a doctor if ever I start getting symptoms!

kaleksi wrote:

Hey I noticed you're playing converts, you should make sure to play charts that are made for mania if you want to improve.
I'm sorry I don't follow. What do you mean by convert? Do you mean I'm playing other modes(Osu!, 1K and 4K)?

bananahira wrote:

iShanoa wrote:

Need advice. Thanks!
try lowering your scroll speed and maybe change your skin.

I did. I'm at a scroll speed where I'm comfortable playing with (22-25).

For skins, I'm using the classic one without the white lines(sorry, dunno what its called). I tried using others but I performed worst. Guess I'll have to feel the controls first before trying out skins.
Gamesnake7
Unlike other games in osu!, osu!standard maps can be played in other gamemodes, including osu!mania (they're called auto-converted maps). This allows for more song variety, but at the same time it makes questionable patterns and makes new players believe higher key maps are harder than the lower ones (which is definitely not true).

So if you really want to get better, now is the time to avoid auto-converted maps and play maps exclusive to osu!mania. Also since I see you're maining 7K it's also advised to use the Random mod to create more pattern variations.
Topic Starter
iShanoa

Gamesnake7 wrote:

Unlike other games in osu!, osu!standard maps can be played in other gamemodes, including osu!mania (they're called auto-converted maps). This allows for more song variety, but at the same time it makes questionable patterns and makes new players believe higher key maps are harder than the lower ones (which is definitely not true).

So if you really want to get better, now is the time to avoid auto-converted maps and play maps exclusive to osu!mania. Also since I see you're maining 7K it's also advised to use the Random mod to create more pattern variations.
I see... Interesting..... How would I know if the map is exclusively for 7K? Is there an indicator? I was just downloading maps as long as its playable on 7k. I'll also google some of the terms so I can better understand what you guys are saying! ^_^
Gamesnake7

iShanoa wrote:

Gamesnake7 wrote:

I see... Interesting..... How would I know if the map is exclusively for 7K? Is there an indicator? I was just downloading maps as long as its playable on 7k. I'll also google some of the terms so I can better understand what you guys are saying! ^_^
Search beatmaps with this filter: "mode=m keys=7"

This way, you'll find lots of 7K maps sorted by recently ranked ones (but you can change that)
Picot Gris
Here if you are lazy to do the commands:
beatmapsets?m=3&q=key%3D7&s=ranked
Topic Starter
iShanoa
Thanks a lot guys! Hopefully I can improve and clear much harder maps than those Identity series! XD
Gamesnake7
You're welcome! If you have a problem you can ask about it in this subforum
Topic Starter
iShanoa
Hi! Just coming back here to ask few questions. Do you think it's okay to continue playing on auto-converted maps? I really love those songs. Would it hinder my growth if I focused on auto-converted maps? Or would it take just a bit longer than practicing on Osu! Mania exclusive maps only?
Gamesnake7
Imo, playing auto-converts is excusable if you're farming score or really like the song (not all type of songs can be found easily in mania)
DeltaNami
It's not terrible if you're starting out, since it helps form finger independence, but don't play them exclusively. You're much better off playing maps made for mania since they have a wider variety of patterns and will push you much farther. Don't forget to check the graveyard and pending beatmaps if you want to find specific songs!
Topic Starter
iShanoa

Gamesnake7 wrote:

Imo, playing auto-converts is excusable if you're farming score or really like the song (not all type of songs can be found easily in mania)
I see. Thanks~

Delta386 wrote:

It's not terrible if you're starting out, since it helps form finger independence, but don't play them exclusively. You're much better off playing maps made for mania since they have a wider variety of patterns and will push you much farther. Don't forget to check the graveyard and pending beatmaps if you want to find specific songs!
Yeah. I just noticed that songs that were exclusively made for Osu! Mania have patterns that are news to me so my fingers gets easily tangled up LMAO! I'll also check those. Thanks~

On the side note, what are Graveyard and Pending Beatmaps? I can somewhat guess what they are but just curious about why use the term "Graveyard" tho.
DeltaNami
Graveyard and pending are a few categories of beatmaps that aren't ranked. Pending/WIP is where you'll find newly created/updated beatmaps from every mapper. The graveyard is the category they go in when they haven't been updated for a month or so. That's probably why they call it that; because maps are kinda "dead" when not being looked after lol.

In general, ranked maps are decent but can sometimes be too simple or too difficult for the sake of pp. That's why unranked maps are good. It'll give you a much wider style of patterns and you'll be able to play more songs!
Topic Starter
iShanoa

Delta386 wrote:

Graveyard and pending are a few categories of beatmaps that aren't ranked. Pending/WIP is where you'll find newly created/updated beatmaps from every mapper. The graveyard is the category they go in when they haven't been updated for a month or so. That's probably why they call it that; because maps are kinda "dead" when not being looked after lol.

In general, ranked maps are decent but can sometimes be too simple or too difficult for the sake of pp. That's why unranked maps are good. It'll give you a much wider style of patterns and you'll be able to play more songs!
Interesting. Thanks a lot!!