forum

any tips for new mapper (pls help)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Tendies
I'm pretty new to mapping and need some help.
I feel like my map is pretty bland with little to no rhythm at all. I feel as though there's no real flow to my map and circles were just placed wherever I felt like. I really want to finish mapping this song as I feel it's the only song I think I have got the timing correct but don't know where to go from here.
I'm just looking for some tips to help make my map feel less awkward and more of a map you'd enjoy playing.
Anything helps and I'm open to changes.

The map: beatmapsets/1745889#osu/3571248
[[[[[[
What i always say to new mappers is to analyze maps you like, find out why they put the objects where it is (in the playfield and the timeline). Find some mods would help you a lot too! (go to #modreqs (slower) or the modding queue forum (faster but no very easy to get into) or ask for mods in a discord server about mapping (may be super easy to get into or super hard to get into, it depends on the server)), make sure to read the place's rules before using any of this methods!
YaBoiOsu771
How to make an approach circle faster???
[[[[[[
change the ar value by go to song setup -> difficulty, higher value = faster approach circle

also you should've made a new topic @YaBoiOsu771
YaBoiOsu771
OK THX
Windows Me

Tendies wrote:

I'm pretty new to mapping and need some help.
I feel like my map is pretty bland with little to no rhythm at all. I feel as though there's no real flow to my map and circles were just placed wherever I felt like. I really want to finish mapping this song as I feel it's the only song I think I have got the timing correct but don't know where to go from here.
I'm just looking for some tips to help make my map feel less awkward and more of a map you'd enjoy playing.
Anything helps and I'm open to changes.

The map: beatmapsets/1745889#osu/3571248
make sure stuff actually fit to the rhythm and don't just place random stuff all over the place