forum

i get confused easily and idk why

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
f7xbloodbath
Problem details:
i play taiko and the patterns look easy but i stutter on them and mess up and idk why. i also havent seen any improvement in the past week i have been playing. i also have no idea of how to improve

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: Stable 20220424 (latest)
kaleksi
There is no video or screenshot linked. To answer your question though, it sounds like a reading problem and you really just need to keep playing. Taiko is pretty simple in theory but with the horizontal reading and the shear number of patterns you need to recognize at high speed, it becomes very hard to master. Don't let it discourage you, maybe try half time on maps with more challenging patterns, and get used to reading the pattern, not the notes. It's really easy to get tripped up or finger locked by patterns you aren't used to, even if you are technically capable of playing them, you have to build muscle memory. Try to play maps less than like 180bpm, playing fast comes later right now you should be laying the groundwork. I don't play much taiko but I hope this is useful.
futabas
there really isnt a shortcut to learning how to read taiko, you just gotta endure the beginning until it slowly and eventually gets easier for you

the more you play, the quicker you'll be able to identify common patterns. i guess a tip would be to learn how to alternate between hands and figure out which sequence of your fingers youre most comfy with for a specific pattern and stick with it as much as you can until it becomes muscle memory once you see that pattern coming

speaking from experience as an example, the moment i figured out how to read and do triples comfortably it became considerably easier for me to improve and adapt to longer patterns in the long run
Tedward765
this is literally how improvement works, when you get to higher levels of play it will get harder to make improvements to your skill. Also you are still quite new just enjoy the game and keep on playing you will gradually get better just by playing over time (months to years of playing)