forum

[Taiko] Add mod -- Donko Mode [Added]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Zekira
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
peppy
Why would there be "different BATs"? I dont understand.
Gabi
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
peppy
I think normal BATs are well capable of modding different mapping styles. More importantly is erecting a set of guidelines.
Topic Starter
Zekira
OK, so scrape that second part.
Doomsday
i agree that the normal BAT's would be enough to mod a Taiko map. Matty and Cyclone are pretty experienced with Taiko, so it should be fine

as for the mod, i think its a good idea. +1 for support on that
Derekku
Sounds like an awesome idea that shouldn't be too hard to implement, right? :)
LuigiHann
I'm just going to ignore whatever anybody else is saying because it has nothing to do with the main content of the first post.

The mode you suggest is what I suggested like a freaking year ago for taiko+easy mod. My version would also turn drumrolls into Hold Notes.
Ekaru
Donko Mode? Yes, please. Though a few maps this would be useless on since some only have, like, 5 hitsounds in a 3 minute map. Seriously.

I like this idea anyways. I support it.
mattyu007
anonymous_old
So this is basically AutoPilot on osu! Standard, but you read the map Taiko-style?
Topic Starter
Zekira
Well I don't know what the parallelism between AutoPilot and Donko Mode would have, but the idea is there, so a bit yes -- you just need to press anything on the right timing of the note. But I think this is viable for a ranked mod (since some maps are still hard even with this thing on) but score multiplied by 0.3x
Gabi

Ekaru wrote:

Donko Mode? Yes, please. Though a few maps this would be useless on since some only have, like, 5 hitsounds in a 3 minute map. Seriously.

I like this idea anyways. I support it.
thats why, on those maps, you simply DO NOT use this mod if you are smart :)
Intermezzo
I like the idea, but instead of a point reduction this could be added as an unranked mod, as it totally screws up the taiko gameplay.
Topic Starter
Zekira

Intermezzo wrote:

I like the idea, but instead of a point reduction this could be added as an unranked mod, as it totally screws up the taiko gameplay.
...fine :\
An64fan
I like this idea, though I feel it should remain ranked although with a notable point reduction.

Maybe I'm just really bad, but on the flipside of what Ekaru wrote, there are maps with huge numbers of varied hitsounds which make me question how anyone can ever play them effectively on Taiko.
Derekku
I support the mod still giving a score. 0.3X (like osu's easy mod) sounds fair.
Kitsunemimi
I feel that this is more of a Relax mode... Perhaps the Taiko skin will read 'Donko' but really, in the mod selection, it's just Relax.
peppy
This effectively takes away half the skill required to play taiko. Just like taking the clicking part away from osu!. I see no reason for it to be ranked.
Sleep Powder

Harris73 wrote:

I feel that this is more of a Relax mode... Perhaps the Taiko skin will read 'Donko' but really, in the mod selection, it's just Relax.
I agree with relax mode.
If peppy says its like osu without clicking then why not?
Relax mode for osu! standard has a Relax mode that doesn't need to click.
Derekku
Hmmm true. Unranked seems best XP
Card N'FoRcE
I was thinking...
Since it's relax, how about autofire for those yellow tubes (i don't remember their name xD) drumrolls if you hold one of the keys? (so if you don't want autofire you can always click normally)
LuigiHann
Gabi
is there any idea now? relax mode has already been implemented and is pretty nice.
arien666
But Lemon Tree is impossible to play with taiko donko mode lol

If there is no 'kat's...
What about it? :)
anonymous_old

Card N'FoRcE wrote:

I was thinking...
Since it's relax, how about autofire for those yellow tubes (i don't remember their name xD) drumrolls if you hold one of the keys? (so if you don't want autofire you can always click normally)
Why not play osu! standard with AutoPilot then?

arken1015 wrote:

But Lemon Tree is impossible to play with taiko donko mode lol

If there is no 'kat's...
What about it? :)
Oh sure, like Taiko compatibility is the greatest of Lemon Tree's problems.