forum

Investing in a razer mouse?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Rawn
I wonder what is the difference between g400 and g400s..And also I want to buy a new mouse.This abyssus is not comfortable
for me because I use palm grip now .
TakuMii

Rawn wrote:

I wonder what is the difference between g400 and g400s..And also I want to buy a new mouse.This abyssus is not comfortable
for me because I use palm grip now .
They're the same mouse aside from the G400s having sweat-proof coating and a reinforced cable. They also look different.
Pizzicato
you got the abyssus? that thing has a built-in mouse precision that you cant disable
and mouse precision/acceleration isn't really good for osu!
Rawn

Pizzicato wrote:

you got the abyssus? that thing has a built-in mouse precision that you cant disable
Damn now I regret buying it..
buny

Luna wrote:

Don't get Razer gear, that stuff breaks way too fast.
But I can confirm that the Deathadder is awesome - for as long as it lasts at least...
i've heard razer mice are really the only good thing that razer does
RaneFire

Pizzicato wrote:

Source?
I've only heard of the jitter problem, but that may be fixed with later versions.
Hello Skitty
razer is the apple of gamers XD you can get same quality products from other marks with less prize
Naikaze

Pizzicato wrote:

Source please? My friends said that Abyssus and Deathadder are the only ones that doesn't have built-in mouse precision.
Glyph
Newer versions of the Abyssus has a perfect sensor. Just check that picture about mice that gets posted all the time. (It's on page 1 of this thread)
hehe Cx
You should consider buying the Razer Deathadder , it's really smooth and fast , my skills are improved because of it. so go for it man! :3
Topic Starter
EatOsu
So ive been using the abyssus for about a week or so now and the mouse itself is pretty decent, it has a odd grip that makes my pinky stiff here and there, but other than that i like it. I also experienced some jittering, but now im going to update the firmware. Will update about how that goes later.
Flat_Stanley
If you're going to save up for a mouse that expensive, I'd buy a tablet just because my tablet only cost about 80$ which is the typical Razer mouse price. If you really want to stick to mouse though, Deathadder is my recommendation.
Pizzicato

Gatyaa420 wrote:

Pizzicato wrote:

Source please? My friends said that Abyssus and Deathadder are the only ones that doesn't have built-in mouse precision.
i got the deathadder black and the abyssus mirror. and they feel very different from each other. and this is because of the precision from abyssus
true enough, of all the razer mice out there, deathadder and abyssus are the best.
i'd recommend deathadder for osu! tho
RaneFire

Pizzicato wrote:

i got the deathadder black and the abyssus mirror. and they feel very different from each other. and this is because of the precision from abyssus
true enough, of all the razer mice out there, deathadder and abyssus are the best.
i'd recommend deathadder for osu! tho
I've got news for you when owning two mice with the same sensor.
They aren't the same.

I own three G400's, and I can only play with the one I have used the most. The others have subtle differences in their angular tracking directions and slight difference in tracking distances in each direction as well. (<~1%) And I have consistent results on all 3, there is no doubt in my mind.

Not all mice are equal - just because you can't play on both of them equally well does not mean they have precision problems. All it really means is there is a subtle difference in the quality of the internal components, those responsible for tracking. But they are still completely consistent and as the Logitech chief engineer has said about "engineering" the sensor, they do fix random angular deviation, making it very consistent and playable (passed off as flawless, but they still admit 0.5% variances, although sometimes it can be greater). The problem caused is that when u move it at 79.5 degrees on the pad, it moves at 79 degrees on screen... A rough example, and it differs between all mice, even of the same model.

Just play with the mouse you know best. Nothing is perfect, as much as we would like it to be. (Except a tablet)

Mice only really start giving you problems at 1.5 - 2% differences or more.
chox_old
i'm using mx518 for like 3 years maybe more and i wasn't really aware of anglesnapping, i'm wondering if using mouse without one is much different
i'd buy new one with better sensor but well.. this one is still working
Kanye West

buny wrote:

Luna wrote:

Don't get Razer gear, that stuff breaks way too fast.
But I can confirm that the Deathadder is awesome - for as long as it lasts at least...
i've heard razer mousepads are really the only good thing that razer does
Ftfy
weetsie
I bought a razer lachesis mouse a few years ago along with a hard aluminum mousepad.

Firstly the mousepad. After a couple of days of use I found the thin aluminum plate which was raised by rubber feet scrapped my wrist constantly so I had to put something infront of it otherwise it was unusable. It was also double sided, one supposedly faster than the other due to different textures, and while I couldn't notice any difference between the two after just a few month of use with nothing but a razer mouse both sides had very worn patches which the mouse moved much faster over. I threw it out after about 6 months.

On to the lachesis mouse which was no doubt very high spec for the time with 4000dpi, 1000Hz polling, 9 programmable buttons etc. The software is clunky as hell which didn't really bother me as for the most part it still worked however the same couldn't be said for much else. First day I notice my mouse is jumping randomly which turned out is a common problem and there is a firmware fix which was acceptable I thought, only problem is it didn't work and ended up taking somewhere between 1-2 years and multiple firmware updates for them to properly fix all mice. In this time I RMA'd my mouse twice, once for the jump issue as it effected some mice more than others then again when my replacement straight up died after probably 6-8 months.

Now, the jump issue afaik is completely fixed even if it ment using a defective mouse for almost 2 years and my 1 dead mouse doesnt mean much as a percentage of failures is always going to happen. However on all 3 lachesis's I have had after just a few months the mouse wheel begins to slip. You don't notice it at first as it gradually gets worse but basically its just a plastic wheel with a rubber ring round it and over time it begins to loosen and eventually you cant use it at all, the outer wheel just rotates on its on. You can fix it by taking the mouse apart and gluing the two parts together so it doesn't slip however after 2 replacements I'm left with a repaired mouse which the LED's no longer work and you cant program the DPI anymore.

Maybe they have improved significantly over the last few years but I can't recommend them from my experience.
Topic Starter
EatOsu
6/10 is what i would give the abyssus. The mouse itself had some jittering which i fixed with updating the firmware. It may be too small for my hand, im not too sure, but the mouse has a funny shape that doesnt fit well with my fingertip grip. My pinky ends up really scrunched and stiff after playing with this mouse. Who knows my pinky might be like that from playing too much. May try getting a Zowie later depending if im willing to stick with the abyssus.
chox_old
just ordered zowie fk, can't wait :))
Topic Starter
EatOsu

chox wrote:

just ordered zowie fk, can't wait :))
Let me know how it goes! I just ordered one as well!
Rori Vidi Veni
io[rwenmcvdhugenvsdjpo
NixXSkate
Not a big fan of the Zowie FK.
The lift-off is way too low for osu! IMO
It makes it so I can't adjust well while moving, and don't even get me started on spinners.
RaneFire

NixXSkate wrote:

It makes it so I can't adjust well while moving, and don't even get me started on spinners.
Out of curiosity... does it track half distance when lifted slightly?
Can it reach 1 compact disk height before it stops tracking?

Low mean low low keep mouse low? And high mean lift high high to not track?
NixXSkate

RaneFire wrote:

NixXSkate wrote:

Out of curiosity... does it track half distance when lifted slightly?
Can it reach 1 compact disk height before it stops tracking?

Low mean low low keep mouse low? And high mean lift high high to not track?
At compact disk height in the air the tracking is dodgy. It tracks for the most part but occasionally stops moving. At 2 credit cards height (flat text cards I mean), only half of the movement seems to register. If I spin, I have to actually press the mouse down against the mousepad, because the tracking just feels so dodgy and unpredictable if the mouse gets a tiny bit of height. I don't know how many times I have spun and part of a rotation didn't seem register, pushing down seems like the only sure way to get this mouse to track well on spinners (but of course you can't spin full speed like this).

Edit: After retesting, it actually doesn't register at all 1 CD high, and registers just a little movement at only 1 credit card high.
Topic Starter
EatOsu
With the zowie FK my biggest problem is the Huano switches :/ The grip is very nice and is so damn precise in its movements, but the switches are very hard making it difficult to do overlaping circles.