forum

Thoughts on Quaver's rating system?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
togmea
How does it compare to mania's star rating?
McEndu
Not comparable.
Topic Starter
togmea
As in how accurately does it represent a map's difficulty, does it overrate/underrate certain skills.
McEndu
Appears to overrate speed in 7K, though I can't say for sure.
kaleksi
Quaver under rates LN I think but it's otherwise pretty accurate. Having the larger number range is pretty nice compared to the condensed star ratings in osu.
pofnkul
Rating systems all suck don't use them
Gamesnake7

pofnkul wrote:

Incredibly based, the best judge is yourself in this case
McEndu

pofnkul wrote:

At least, osu!mania SR and Quaver rating is just useful(TM) for determining difficulty.

Accurate automatic rating is a very hard task, though.
pofnkul

McEndu wrote:

pofnkul wrote:

At least, osu!mania SR and Quaver rating is just useful(TM) for determining difficulty.

Accurate automatic rating is a very hard task, though.
Sr and rating aren't typically good for determining difficulty unless your looking at a specific pattern type though because sr is based on kps (idk much about quaver but from what i've seen it isn't much better than mania.)
kaleksi
No rating system is perfect, which is why most people have a range of difficulty ratings they are comfortable playing. You'll always have those maps that are too easy or hard for their rating. Ratings are just a baseline for how hard you can expect a chart to be, at the end of the day difficulty is subjective.
TAG underground
Quaver's rating system is better in general imo, in my experience it more accurately represents the difficulty of charts most of the time.

However, it has a huge issue with "slow/pause/break" sections. 7k BMS charts for example are often underrated because of the way they are charted.
Gamesnake7

xAkame wrote:

Quaver's rating system is better in general imo, in my experience it more accurately represents the difficulty of charts most of the time.

However, it has a huge issue with "slow/pause/break" sections. 7k BMS charts for example are often underrated because of the way they are charted.
Ok, this was 16 days ago but I found it weird that it works that way considering Quaver unranks your play when you pause
pofnkul

Gamesnake7 wrote:

xAkame wrote:

Ok, this was 16 days ago but I found it weird that it works that way considering Quaver unranks your play when you pause
they're referring to maps with long breaks in them such as the breaks in dans but potentially longer