forum

Experiencing Skill Boosts post-breaks

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
CatzerTM
So I haven't really been very active in this mode until of recent due to technical issues with my PC regarding lag spikes that made playing this mode properly almost impossible considering the slightest bit of lag basically kills your speed which is annoying. I kinda just gave up after many attempts of failing to resolve the issue. Fuck windows update

Despite basically not really playing this mode for at least 2 years except maybe playing 1 or 2 maps every couple months I'm currently playing the best I ever did and I'm not sure why. I experienced a similar thing in mania but it took a while for me to really de-rust and get better but for catch it was almost instant. Is this normal?
Nikolai
yes
Edgar_Figaro
I usually take a little while to de-rust if I've been away for a long period of time. I do find that small breaks of a few days will generally help as it's not good to play every single day without rest. Catch I don't think takes as long to de-rust as other modes as it's mostly a mental and reading game. Long breaks in Mania will decay your finger/wrist muscles which are a big part to being able to play Mania effectively. Sure there is a physical component to CTB but it's relatively low compared to all the other osu! gamemodes.
Cyam
For me some days I play so good and some days I'm complete shit