forum

I suck now

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
manialegend123
i had to take a break for about a week because I had covid and now I’m literal trash at the game and I can’t play 4k well anymore. What I mean by this is that I can’t beat any of my old scores and I can’t get close to beating the old scores. I’m getting the lowest scores I’ve ever gotten in my entire osu mania career. Since I feel kinda sad about this, I’ve been working on other game modes and 6k. Is there anything I can do so I can feel confident to go back to 4k? Or should I just stick with what I’m doing now? P.S. I really suck at osu! osu!taiko and osu!mania 6k which are the game modes I’ve been working on lol
McEndu
Take a break. Play lower difficulty maps and aim for 98 acc. Your 4K skills won't transfer to 6K and any other modes.
DeltaNami
You're not gonna be as good as you were immediately, so understanding that is a good first step. I take frequent breaks because of my schedule and such, so I can definitely relate lol.

What I usually do when trying to derust is to push myself to a certain degree for a few sessions to get broken back in, and then continuing that trend after my speed has returned. As mentioned before though, you have to understand that your scores will be shit for a while, so even though you're pushing yourself, be OK with the fact that many scores you set will not PB or even pass sometimes. Just keep playing and don't quit out mid map either, because stamina is a big part of the rust issue.