forum

Structure Issues

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Evangile
Hey guys, sorry if this is the wrong forum

I tend to get quite a lot of feedback via modding on my maps saying that there is pretty much no structure to them and I'm struggling to understand what this means, I understand in theory it means bad note placement/inconsistent distance/overlaps but in practice I just can't translate that into the actual editor with the song, would someone be able to look at my latest map and highlight where there are structure issues and why?

I want to get better with mapping but I just can't seem to get my head around this one.

Thanks in advance!
[[[[[[
what you believe to be structure is actually call aesthetic, and bad aesthetic =/= "bad note placement/inconsistent distance/overlaps", these stuff can work if done correctly

structure refers to something similar to song structure, how you make one part easier than another part due to the song asking for it, bad structure is when you make the calm part harder to play than the intense part

also i think your map's fine in term of aesthetic, the map gives a vibe similar to cheri's maps but a bit more organize